Spring Toronto Meet - Saturday May 04, 2013 Impressions
May 8, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #31 of 92
^^
I just received my Gungnir and Mjolnir today. Ordered direct from Schiit.
Had to pay HST, but no duty.
Make sure you choose USPS, no brokerage fee.

May 9, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #32 of 92
Quote:
^^
I just received my Gungnir and Mjolnir today. Ordered direct from Schiit.
Had to pay HST, but no duty.
Make sure you choose USPS, no brokerage fee.

i look forward to trying that setup at the next meet :wink:

May 9, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #34 of 92
or you can do HeadphoneBar.. they're in Vancouver and shipping will probably be cheaper and faster. That's where I ordered my Bifrost.  Just ordered the Uber upgrade board directly from Schiit.
BTW.. was so impressed by the HD800 at the meet that both my HD700 and HE500 are up on Canuck. The HD800 will proabably be my end game.

Quote:
Question for those of you who ordered Schiit gear. Did you guys get it direct from the Schiit website? Did you guys get hit for customs? How much did it run you guys? Considering the A2 and Uber BF. Thanks for any info!

May 9, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #35 of 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyVee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

or you can do HeadphoneBar.. they're in Vancouver and shipping will probably be cheaper and faster. That's where I ordered my Bifrost.  Just ordered the Uber upgrade board directly from Schiit.
BTW.. was so impressed by the HD800 at the meet that both my HD700 and HE500 are up on Canuck. The HD800 will proabably be my end game.

yeah I totally agree, I was expecting to fall in love with the HD800, and sure enough I did. Though I'm thinking of pairing it with the A2 and the Bifrost Uber. Too bad headphone bar doesn't have it in stock yet... and then I'm also thinking of the LCD-2s... oh my poor wallet...

May 9, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #36 of 92
Quote:
Just name the time and place
smily_headphones1.gif

quickly! someone organize! hahaha. I doubt I'll ever go balanced though, the jump is just too steep.

May 9, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #37 of 92
I am not sure an HD800 with bifrost/lyr is really using the hd800 to their full potential. The hd800 and the hd650s/600s were so close that I don't think spending an extra thousand bucks on the 800s is worth it if you plan on sticking with the schiit stack. Don't get me wrong it sounded fine I just don't think it is worth it unless you are going to get into a higher end dac/amp combo.

May 9, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #38 of 92
Agreed. The journey just restarts with the HD800.

I am not sure an HD800 with bifrost/lyr is really using the hd800 to their full potential. The hd800 and the hd650s/600s were so close that I don't think spending an extra thousand bucks on the 800s is worth it if you plan on sticking with the schiit stack. Don't get me wrong it sounded fine I just don't think it is worth it unless you are going to get into a higher end dac/amp combo.

May 9, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #40 of 92
Before the meet
I had the HD650 and went in favour of the HD700 and newly acquired HE500.  You have to hear them.  That's the fun part of the meet! I think I'm done with headphones and maybe the next thing might be the Woo WA7.

After the meet

Hehehe :wink:
Sorry, Mark, I couldn't resist :beerchug:

May 9, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #41 of 92
Quote:

No lies, I do kinda feel that way too... i mean if you're dropping 4 figures on the HPs.... why not go balanced?? hahaha sorry ngyu, looks like you might be tempted to go further.

May 9, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #42 of 92
Doh! The never ending story of HeadFi 
cool.gif
blink.gif

Still after the Woo WA7. 
ksc75smile.gif

Quote:
Before the meet
After the meet
Hehehe
wink.gif

Sorry, Mark, I couldn't resist
beerchug.gif

May 9, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #43 of 92
Quote:

No lies, I do kinda feel that way too... i mean if you're dropping 4 figures on the HPs.... why not go balanced?? hahaha sorry ngyu, looks like you might be tempted to go further.

Just a question.................why is everyone so crazy about balanced output headphone amps?

May 9, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #44 of 92
Quote:
Question for those of you who ordered Schiit gear. Did you guys get it direct from the Schiit website? Did you guys get hit for customs? How much did it run you guys? Considering the A2 and Uber BF. Thanks for any in

Definately, headphone bar for Schiit. My son ordered a Valhalla direct. With  shipping, taxes, and duty, he paid more than I did for my Lyr.

May 9, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #45 of 92
Quote:

As a rule of thumb I figure you need at least the cost of the HD800 on the rest of your chain to start to make it worthwhile.  I mean look at the balanced HD600 that were there.  I would say that easily sounded as good as the HD800 through the Anedio D2 headphone output.  The only thing you may be getting is slightly more low level resolution and a little bigger soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back