Spring Toronto Meet - Saturday May 04, 2013 Impressions
Jun 24, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #91 of 92
Quote:
I just picked up the HE500 last week, and I can say for sure: it is NOT fuzzy at all. coming from the HD650, the HE500s clear, crystal clear, honestly the closest I can get to my dream HD800 sound without going over $1k. I tried the AKG K702 Annies, and while it gives that similar analytical sound, it just doesn't have the weight, felt very dry in a side by side comparison. 

Next step: LCD-2!~ not for a long while...... 

lol, LCD2 and HE500 is like brother. Maybe you should get phones for other genres.
For me, HE500 is a lighter sounding phone with less bass impact compare to LCD2 while the mid and treble is not as clear as LCD2. If you like bassy and dark phones, LCD2 is the one to go.

Do not get me wrong, the only reason I say it is fuzzy is because I am compare it with my HD800 with HDVD800 system on high res tracks. The phone, by its price tag, holds its own league. However, if you have a very powerful amp with very clean dac. The LCD2 is a bit better all around IMO. As a more expensive phone, LCD2 has its reason to charge it as what it is.

P.S.
I heard many ppl having problems with the headband of the HE500 phones. They claim that it is too easy to break them. I hope yours are rugged~~~~

You ever wanna try HE-6 or HE5-LE?

Jun 25, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #92 of 92
Quote:
lol, LCD2 and HE500 is like brother. Maybe you should get phones for other genres.
For me, HE500 is a lighter sounding phone with less bass impact compare to LCD2 while the mid and treble is not as clear as LCD2. If you like bassy and dark phones, LCD2 is the one to go.

Do not get me wrong, the only reason I say it is fuzzy is because I am compare it with my HD800 with HDVD800 system on high res tracks. The phone, by its price tag, holds its own league. However, if you have a very powerful amp with very clean dac. The LCD2 is a bit better all around IMO. As a more expensive phone, LCD2 has its reason to charge it as what it is.

P.S.
I heard many ppl having problems with the headband of the HE500 phones. They claim that it is too easy to break them. I hope yours are rugged~~~~

You ever wanna try HE-6 or HE5-LE?

the HE500 and the LCD-2 sound complimentary to me. I hear where you're coming from though, i heard the HD800 at the meet... and its the real deal haha. 

yeah... the HE500 headband looks pretty fragile... I hope it doesn't die on me, and if it does... well I'm gonna have to design a new one for them. LOL

TRY the HE-6 or HE5-LE, or buy? lol i'd love to try... dunno if I can afford to buy =P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back