Spring Toronto Meet 2014
Apr 21, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #46 of 53
  awwwwwww crap! i can't believe i missed this year's meet. looks like it was pretty good turnout though! i was looking to try out an HD800 before buying too...! argh

I was hoping for you to show up with the HE-500s :)

You still enjoying them?

Apr 21, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #47 of 53

I was hoping for you to show up with the HE-500s :)

You still enjoying them?

haha yeah man, was going to bring them. Since my last meet, i picked up a bifrost, lyr, and crack, along with my hd650 and he500 + a custom cable now. was thinking of upgrading to the hd800. 

mannnnnn when was the meet??

Apr 21, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #48 of 53
  haha yeah man, was going to bring them. Since my last meet, i picked up a bifrost, lyr, and crack, along with my hd650 and he500 + a custom cable now. was thinking of upgrading to the hd800. 

mannnnnn when was the meet??

Good to hear you're still enjoying them. You've been busy picking up equipment - the HE-500 really need a different cable than the crappy stock cable. Yeah the date for the meet kept getting pushed back and forth. Initially it was set for December but got pushed forward to March 29. I don't know if there will be another meet in the summer, although I'd probably be down.

The next likely meet will be either this winter or next spring. Don't worry about HD800's, there will be plenty of them at the next meet, perhaps even more next time. There was a HD800 on almost every other setup. I'm also planning to get a HD800. Even though I've moved away from headphones and to monitors/speakers, I still feel like getting the HD800 based on my audition. You will enjoy the sound and weight change from the HE-500. I've heard great things about crack and HD800. You're all set 
beerchug.gif

Apr 21, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #49 of 53
  Good to hear you're still enjoying them. You've been busy picking up equipment - the HE-500 really need a different cable than the crappy stock cable. Yeah the date for the meet kept getting pushed back and forth. Initially it was set for December but got pushed forward to March 29. I don't know if there will be another meet in the summer, although I'd probably be down.

The next likely meet will be either this winter or next spring. Don't worry about HD800's, there will be plenty of them at the next meet, perhaps even more next time. There was a HD800 on almost every other setup. I'm also planning to get a HD800. Even though I've moved away from headphones and to monitors/speakers, I still feel like getting the HD800 based on my audition. You will enjoy the sound and weight change from the HE-500. I've heard great things about crack and HD800. You're all set 
beerchug.gif

haha yeah, i got the uberfrost + lyr for the hd650 at first, then because i had the lyr, i got the he500, then the he500 hogged the lyr, so i got the crack for the hd650... hahaha. 

ah its really too bad i missed it. looks like people got some interesting rigs this year. oh well, next one!

guess i really should wait till next year for the hd800.. haha

Apr 22, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #51 of 53
Damn! I wanted to try the W3000anv T.T

It is very special on vocal and single instrument music.
However, I found it not very good for classical and rock.

I do find it to be a much better portable compare to my ED8

May 8, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #52 of 53
Just found and joined Head-Fi and found I've already missed the meet.  If there is any sort of mailing list, please add me for notification about the next one.

Thanks

Garry

May 8, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #53 of 53
hope there is still a summer one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back