Spray painting help
Oct 3, 2011 at 10:47 AM Post #47 of 53
I have posted a guide showing the complete process I use too paint headphones
http://www.head-fi.org/t/573845/heaphone-airbrushing-guide-with-lots-of-pics

And here are some destruction test vids we did on paintwork

Apr 4, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #48 of 53

Quote:

It's not leather, it's pleather. All HD 25-1 iis have a pair of pleather and a pair of velour pads included, but most people use the velours because they provide better bass (
eek.gif
) and are much more comfortable. I tried the pleather pads on my pair for all of ten minutes before switching the pads straight over and never looking back. The cable is pretty sweet, though.

As for your questions:

• Yes, almost certainly.
  • It's your choice. If you're using blue earpads you'll want the colour to complement that - perhaps a dark blue or navy?
  • Primers are the kind of paint you put down first to give a good surface to paint on to, kind of like a treatment to make a whole surface even for painting. Finishes are the opposite; a coat you put on top of your main paint to protect it and also give a matte or gloss effect to the whole thing.

Thread resurrection!

After about 3 years of exclusive pleather use I tried the velours, from what I've heard (and read) the velours reduce bass a bit, mid bass specifically but nothing drastic. More importantly the velours seemed to add a little weight to the entire frequency range, which reduced the quickness/energy by a hair but it still has plenty for me. I'm surprised by the difference, everything sounds just a little more natural/smooth. Low bass seems intact, they may even benefit from the weight. Of course these are all subjective impressions.

Now that I've exhausted my descriptive skills, are there any tips on painting the little swivel caps, just a delicate touch? They seem like they'd be tricky. Also, has anyone tried sanding/filing off some of the little steps off the caps? A lower profile look would be nice, kind of like the Amperior. I've never liked these caps, they also look like a tribute to Devo.

​

Apr 5, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #49 of 53

Quote:
Thread resurrection!

Now that I've exhausted my descriptive skills, are there any tips on painting the little swivel caps, just a delicate touch? They seem like they'd be tricky. Also, has anyone tried sanding/filing off some of the little steps off the caps? A lower profile look would be nice, kind of like the Amperior. I've never liked these caps, they also look like a tribute to Devo.

You can sand off the ridges but they are hollow inside so you can't go too deep. The new amperior ones should fit the HD25 and they are much flatter. If you give it a month or so sennheiser should start selling spares for them to the public. Then you could swap them out :wink:

Aug 26, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #51 of 53
here is the example of what i did to my new custom hd25. sand-clean-adhesion promoter-paint-clear coat.I used clay bar to clean the rough edges and dust on paint but make sure to let them dry.The way using clay bar is optional instead of wet sanding or you can used both.

Sep 5, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #53 of 53
Quote:
Wow Airkitoy, those are some dam sexy looking headphones
eek.gif

Mind sharing what type of paints, primer and clear coat you used?

TAMIYA..the one that used in model cars.Same brand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back