Spotify
Jan 1, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #16 of 24
Sorry, I don't know of a phone version of the equalizer.

Jan 3, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #18 of 24
Doh! I didnt realise that EQapps dont work in Spotify. But...I've discovered that there is a hidden EQ in Spotify!!! Primitive but works. Accessed by doing an anti clockwise circular swipe in the center of the screen. Seems hit and miss knack to getting the motion right. There are YouTube vids. I thought they were a wind up but it works. This seems totally bizarre !

Jun 5, 2013 at 6:22 PM Post #19 of 24
You can change the quality on spotify, but only if you go premium. With premium, you can get 320 kbps, which is quite good. 

Jan 7, 2014 at 8:03 PM Post #22 of 24
  If you want an equalizer on Spotify, try equalify. It's pretty good!

+1! equalify is a spotify free plug-in that works like a charm

Mar 15, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #24 of 24
I have subscribed to Spotify for a few years now. (Live in Norway.) I just recently bought a Fostex TH900 and a Fostex HP-P1 amp/dac, and I wanted to get the most out of my headphones, so I'v bought a lot of albums in FLAC. (Most of them in 24bit/96kHz) Today I did a comparison of audio quality. I switched between Spotifys highest setting, 320 Kbps Mp3 and 24/96 FLAC on the same album. I listened to Hello Troll by Helge Lien Trio. Spotify link: http://open.spotify.com/album/7uj2x11XMDZ0IkmooASH7M (That is a award winning album for great sound.) What shocked me was that I wasn't able to hear any difference at all. At least in the beginning. When I began listening to the faintest details - like in the echo of the percussion and the delivate sounds of base strings, I could make out some small differences. But it might just be my imagiantion.

My conclusion is that I'v wasted a lot og money on high-res files. At least on those albums that are available on Spotify.

- Eide

Hi Eide
I have Spotify premium, and just wanted to say thank you for recommending the Helge Lien Trio!! 
Enjoying the music very much. Wow.

IME Spotify is the way forward. Turns you from a "collector" into an explorer. Best considered as a vast library. As said about Mog. Download to a device for offline listening as long as subscribed. 320kps seems more than good enough. Unless you have the option of vinyl!

I totally agree the sentiment of becoming an 'explorer'. I guess I'm a case in point

Users who are viewing this thread

Back