Spotify, is the quality good enough?
Jan 19, 2014 at 11:50 PM Post #76 of 82
frown.gif

Jan 26, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #77 of 82
  I have to subscribe to both Spotify and MOG since my sons are heavy Internet gamers. I can only listen to Spotify while they are asleep otherwise my hi-speed AT&T Internet would not be as fast as without the Spotify for my sons play Internet games.

MOG is only good on my Iphone, Ipod Touch since I can play my playlist without connecting to the Internet. MOG drives me crazy on my IMac, and my laptop. I never can finish a portion of a song without severe intermittent audio drop out even when my sons are not on the Internet.

So my schedule is to listen to MOG on my Iphone, Ipod Touch any time I want and I listen to Spotify when my sons are asleep. What's with MOG on the IMac and HP laptop ? MOG works perfectly on my Iphone and my Ipod Touch. This does not make any sense to me.

Can somebody help me to figure it out what's going on with MOG?

Also technically speaking, even DSL easily has enough bandwidth for internet games and streaming music. Games require very little bandwidth; they rely on low ping* counts and exchange very small amounts of data back and forth - thus why the speed at which the packets matter the most. If your connection is having problems sustaining the two then there is something wrong with your hardware setup, most likely your router.  MOG is also extremely buggy.  Try using a different browser.  

*Fun Facts:

99% of the population is using the wrong terminology for your internet 'speed'. Your 'speed' is technically your ping count (the time it takes for your signal to leave your computer/device, hit the server and come back) while how much data you can move around is the rated amount/bandwidth.  Cell Phone 'bandwidths' are actually data caps, not bandwidth. Bandwidth looks like this XXps (i.e 1 Gbps - Gigabits per second (small b) or 50 MBps (Megabytes per second (large B) or 5 Mbps) while a data cap is just MB/GB/TB (i.e. 5GB (Gigabyte) or 1TB (Terrabyte)).

Jan 31, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #78 of 82
Sorry I'm 2 or 3 weeks late, but here's the new 60 day free Spotify link:

https://www.spotify.com/us/bestbuymobile/

Apr 9, 2023 at 2:35 PM Post #81 of 82
I don't like Spotify, after one year of Spotify I got back to my Micro SDXC card and my Flac and MP3 files and the sound is much better and you can use that with the very simple and responsive Sony music application on a mobile phone, you also don't get all those records remastered or with added songs or those records with the main song being "live" instead of studio recorded because of property rights or whatever...I really like having my music library on a physical support.

Spotify Premium supports the compressed, lossy Ogg Vorbis audio format and streams at 320kbps when at the Very High setting. Other settings are Low (24kbps), Normal (96kbps), High (160kbps), and Automatic (adjusts depending on network connection)

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2023 at 6:58 AM Post #82 of 82
The content that Spotify offers is just cr*p, you will just narrow your musical spectrum, i got a paid account and don't use it anymore, i much prefer my music app filled with mp3, m4a, flac etc... i can choose the record sleeves if they are missing from the audio file so i create my own personal music library and i'm not being part of this stupid "like" "not like" "how many listeners per month" industry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back