Spork-fi
Sep 15, 2007 at 6:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 82

Wodgy

Headphoneus Supremus
This thread is about love of sporks. I don't understand why they're not more popular, especially among bachelors. You've got half the cutlery to wash up, half to accidentally get knocked on the floor, etc. Yet, outside of Japan, you rarely find them in metal, re-usable versions. What's up with that?

Anyone else share my enthusiasm for sporks? Are there any good vendors of quality metal sporks you'd recommend? Anyone prefer the splayd (spork+a knife edge) to the spork?

1189873693170-spork-1.jpg

Sep 15, 2007 at 7:23 PM Post #3 of 82
I love combo cutlery!

Ladies and Gentleman, I give you the Knork! Combo Knife and Fork, In quality stailness steel no less!

knork1.jpg

Knork2.jpg

Sep 15, 2007 at 8:10 PM Post #6 of 82
The Knork is available from Knork.net. Not cheap, but they're built to last!

Same with the thinkpad really.. (It's a work issued computer alas. I can't afford one!)

Sep 15, 2007 at 8:59 PM Post #8 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by no1likesme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
think geek has a titanium spork
here

I got a few folding titanium sporks from a group buy on EDC Forums.

Hard to explain, but it's pretty unpleasant to eat with them. Kind of like that nails on the chalkboard feeling when they scrape against your teeth.

-Ed

Sep 15, 2007 at 9:49 PM Post #11 of 82
I've never had to hold the meat, the knife edge - (t's not THAT sharp, on the edge of the knork - which is pretty heavy) is curved, you use a rocking motion to cut stuff, like a little mezzaluna on the side of your fork.

Of course tough meat like awell cooked steak might be tricky, but these arent meant for that i believe, hence the steak knives on their website

but for day to day use, they're great. My wife can only use one hand, so to her they're invaluable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back