Splicing in a new Sigma Pro earspeaker into another pair of Sigma Pros. Now
Oct 24, 2012 at 9:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Scottsmrnyc

500+ Head-Fier
that I have determined that my SRM007ta amplifier is working properly- thanks to Spritzer and my new multimeter, I am now left with some working left side Sigma Pros. The right side Sigma Pros died- possibly as a result of old age- not the fault of the amp.  Is it possible to splice or connect two Left Earspeakers together creating another pair of Sigma Pros.  If so, how? Etc, Etc, Etc.  I just want to salvage the remaining pieces if I can. 

Oct 24, 2012 at 9:35 AM Post #2 of 5
I have tried to do this proceedure twice; each time being careful to match up the solid line running down the side of the earspeaker cable.  Solid to Solid; Additionally, I stripped about an inch off of the ends of the cables and match up each of the three wires so that-- left to left- center to center and right to right. After they were all taped up and secured, I then plugged the new heaphones into my SRM007t and still found that only one of the earspeakers was working; that being the left earspeaker. 
Again any help will be welcome.

Oct 24, 2012 at 9:38 AM Post #3 of 5
I am not concerned with looks here! I just want to get it to work as the Sigma Pros and Non Pros are rare.

Oct 25, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks for the advice Spritzer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back