Spirit Torino Valkyria
Feb 26, 2024 at 9:15 PM Post #871 of 1,008
Me and my dealer have a good relationship :L3000: (which we should because I've spent a lot of money with him on all my different cans and amps)

Hell, I do with mine too! :joy: I'll be taking this back to him for leverage lol jk. I told him in advance I wasn't in a rush and definitely wasn't, the only thing that changed is I now have work travel half of March, so hoping I can at least get them for a week or two before going.

When I heard the Valks off their dedicated amp, I didn't notice a sub bass problem either. We shall see what it sounds like of the WA33 EE JPS and CFA3.

Good to hear. If they're enough for you I'm pretty sure they'll be enough for me.

I could only really notice the sub-bass rolloff comparing the Valkyria back to back with the TC, and even then, mostly just with test tones unless I was listening very carefully. And it didn't strike me as particularly glaring. With music, the Valk sounds so forward and has so much meat on the bones, I think it really obscures the rolloff with most music.

This is a good point, the forwardness and timbre, of which I agree with could've masked it a bit for me as well. As long as it's not glaring, I'll be totally ok.

Feb 27, 2024 at 4:37 AM Post #872 of 1,008
I think yours might come a couple of days before mine, which is pretty crazy lol. It'll be interesting comparing impressions over time given we've had a lot of similar gear and are acquiring them at the same time. :)

Is there a reference comparison you can make for more context? When I heard them at CanJam, I didn't feel a major subbass deficiency, but also it's a meet setting (which was actually decently quiet at the times I attended in the morning), and also I actually think most headphones are good at reproducing subbass, so that may have impacted my pov at the time. This has been mentioned a few times, so I don't doubt the sentiment, but it's the only thing I'm wondering about prior to their arrival. I'm sure for me it will likely be fine, but definitely curious.

The recent Tungsten, to my ears, shares a few similar qualities as the Valkyria, but lacks a bit of the refinement and even bass authority I remember when auditioning the latter. But the Valkyria didn't arrive in time to demo against.
Reference comparison, hmm.
The Valkyria subbass rolls of harder than all my other headphones, it's not as bad as an HD800 though.
It's only subbass, midbass is fine and the Valkyrias unique trait is that it sounds very full bodied even without the midbass to thicken the sound.

Here is a measurement taken with inearmics on my own ear. It's useless above 2k Hz but up to that it paints the picture
Spirit Torino Pulsar measurement.PNG
I also talked with Andrea about it and he confirmed that my unit works correctly

Feb 27, 2024 at 6:39 AM Post #873 of 1,008
Regarding the headphone stand, Andrea said it is no longer for sale. He said it is being redesigned, but not for sale yet. I guess I'll just wait and see what the new headphone stand looks like. He didn't give an ETA.

Feb 27, 2024 at 8:04 AM Post #874 of 1,008
Reference comparison, hmm.
The Valkyria subbass rolls of harder than all my other headphones, it's not as bad as an HD800 though.
It's only subbass, midbass is fine and the Valkyrias unique trait is that it sounds very full bodied even without the midbass to thicken the sound.

Here is a measurement taken with inearmics on my own ear. It's useless above 2k Hz but up to that it paints the picture
Spirit Torino Pulsar measurement.PNG
I also talked with Andrea about it and he confirmed that my unit works correctly

Thank you! And reference was probably the wrong word, I just meant in comparison to the other headphones you normally use. But this gives me an idea of what you mean. Again, it's been mentioned a few times, so I don't doubt it. :)

Feb 28, 2024 at 3:53 PM Post #875 of 1,008
Just got my Valks. Will listen after work :L3000:

image.jpg

Feb 28, 2024 at 3:54 PM Post #876 of 1,008
Feb 28, 2024 at 4:37 PM Post #877 of 1,008
Feb 28, 2024 at 5:24 PM Post #879 of 1,008
There is a sub-bass problem, so they are not for rap, but otherwise they are amazing :L3000:

Feb 28, 2024 at 5:25 PM Post #880 of 1,008
Heads up for new owners: I felt so-so about the Valkyria my first couple weeks with it. After that, though, I totally fell in love. I don't know whether it was brain burn-in or headphone burn-in (I'd guess more likely the latter), but I'm glad I didn't make any rash judgments about it at the beginning.

Feb 28, 2024 at 5:27 PM Post #881 of 1,008
There is a sub-bass problem, so they are not for rap, but otherwise they are amazing :L3000:
So, does that mean you suddenly started to feel "ill" and had to leave work early with your new Valkyrias? :darthsmile:

Feb 28, 2024 at 5:32 PM Post #882 of 1,008
So, does that mean you suddenly started to feel "ill" and had to leave work early with your new Valkyrias? :darthsmile:
LOL :beyersmile: . Nah, I work early, so I get off at 4. So, I've been listening the last 30 minutes. I tried a rap album first, and the sub-bass was off. I'm listening to metal now, and it's awesome!

Feb 28, 2024 at 5:33 PM Post #883 of 1,008
The sound signature is pretty awesome. These things sound great with non-rap. I'm glad I got them. That and the AC are my only two dynamics left. I'm glad I bought them

Feb 28, 2024 at 5:41 PM Post #884 of 1,008
I guess it really is hard to assess sub-bass at a CanJam, with the noisy crowd. The mid-bass is fine (it's actually great), but the sub-bass is lacking. Everything else is absolutely amazing. These things sound really good :L3000:

Feb 28, 2024 at 5:44 PM Post #885 of 1,008
Pretty much how I see them as well.
Over time I reached for them quite often, they received ample headtime, since they bring an amazing and unique Sound to the table.

(In my case actually the Pulsar, but the tonality is very similar. The Valkyria is a little crisper, while the Pulsar is a little smoother)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back