Speed of Electricity in a Cable
May 2, 2024 at 12:03 PM Post #16 of 44
Dude, watch the video... the thing with electronic is that there are much false conceptions …
Indeed, as you yourself are demonstrating but somehow you seem completely incapable of recognising it. If you’re not one of those with “false conceptions” then why don’t you answer the questions; what electron flow, what “electron speed characteristic” and what theory? At least answer the first one and if you can’t, then you’ll have demonstrated that you’re just making up BS again!

G

May 2, 2024 at 12:28 PM Post #17 of 44
At least answer the first one and if you can’t
I dont know what you wanna know here ... https://www.allaboutcircuits.com/textbook/direct-current/chpt-1/conventional-versus-electron-flow/ , this link also shows some of the stupid things they taught in school .... "conventional vs electron flow" that just overcomplicated the whole thing

im talking about electron flow.... electrons moving from minus to plus (on DC)?!

what “electron speed characteristic”
this is not some science term, i simple mean the construction of the cable that influences electromagnet fields less and puts electron flow speed therefor (after watching the video) into its favour

and what theory?

This theory:

"but im unsure and interested in what happens if you have a lot of wire going trough the ground (your typical power grid in the city and in your home inside the walls, atleast if we dont speak of typical high voltage lines) slowing electron flow actually down and then have one meter of cable at the end with a more preferable "electron speed characteristic" , will this act as a kind of theoretical "capacitor/buffer" to some degree before the device?"

it was a theory after all... tho (for me) it makes sense after hearing the explanation in the video

i am also not talking about IF this makes a difference on a dac in the end...

May 2, 2024 at 12:44 PM Post #18 of 44
im talking about electron flow.... electrons moving from minus to plus (on DC)
What has the quote above got to do with the quote below:
but im unsure and interested in what happens if you have a lot of wire going trough the ground (your typical power grid in the city and in your home inside the walls, atleast if we dont speak of typical high voltage lines) slowing electron flow actually down and then have one meter of cable at the end with a more preferable "electron speed characteristic" , will this act as a kind of theoretical "capacitor/buffer" to some degree before the device?
What electron flow?
this is not some science term, i simple mean the construction of the cable that influences electromagnet fields less and puts electron flow speed therefor (after watching the video) into its favour
OK, so you admit you just made-up that term “electron speed characteristic” but you’ve just replaced it with “electron flow speed” and still have not answered “what electron flow?”!

G

May 2, 2024 at 12:47 PM Post #19 of 44
OK, so you admit you just made-up that term “electron speed characteristic” but you’ve just replaced it with “electron flow speed” and still have not answered “what electron flow?”!
So i guess you hint to "how electrons flow" on AC ? without just saying it?

well thats atleast a good (unspoken..) question

if we go by this theory it would (probably) invalidate my theory because electrons have to push each other ... so in a AC loop actually the slowest electron speed determines the overall loop electron speed, right?
EDIT: now as i think about it... probably the same thing happens on DC, as either electron density decreases or it stays constant and bottlenecks the whole loop
EDIT2: tho i my mind on DC electrons just wanna flow to the positive side... even if they push eachother

Last edited:
May 2, 2024 at 1:10 PM Post #20 of 44
So i guess you hint to "how electrons flow" on AC ? without just saying it?
You’re joking right? Are you really saying that you didn’t know the electricity in “your typical power grid in the city and in your home inside the walls” is AC? Why are you just making-up a nonsense theory when you don’t even know the most basic facts?
if we go by this theory it would (probably) invalidate my theory because electrons have to push each other ...
It’s not a theory that the electricity in “your typical power grid in the city and in your home inside the walls” is AC, it’s a demonstrable scientific fact (so on that basis you’ll probably dismiss it!) but yes it “invalidates your theory”, not for the reason you’ve given but because it was never a valid theory in the first place, it was just BS you made-up!
so in a AC loop actually the slowest electron speed determines the overall loop electron speed, right?
What “slowest electron speed”, there is no flow of electrons? In an AC system the electrons move backwards and forwards but their net movement is zero, there is no flow. It’s analogous to sound, the air does not flow from your speaker to your ears, the air molecules move forwards and backwards and end up pretty much where they started with net zero movement, it’s the sound wave that moves through the air, not the air itself. The speed of movement of the electrons backwards and forwards is dictated by the frequency of the current, 50Hz in Europe and 60Hz in the US.

G

May 2, 2024 at 1:21 PM Post #21 of 44
no flow of electrons
well, maybe these are your nice science facts that dont line up with reality... as soon there is a potential difference as soon will electrons "move" ... atleast thats what my logic tells me without going trough miles of papers describing things all differently depending on what kind of level of simplification they wanna go...

May 2, 2024 at 1:43 PM Post #22 of 44
well, maybe these are your nice science facts that dont line up with reality... as soon there is a potential difference as soon will electrons "move" ... atleast thats what my logic tells me …
Yep, as predicted you just dismiss the actual facts and instead stick to some nonsense theory which you’ve effectively admitted you just made up. Sure, Faraday, Maxwell, Heaviside, Einstein, Tesla and numerous others were all wrong because “what your logic tells you”.

For logic to give valid results, it has to be applied to valid facts. You can’t just invent BS facts, apply logic to them and call the result logical, it’s not, it’s illogical. So what you’ve basically stated is that you refuse to believe the proven scientific facts because that’s not what your illogic tells you! Brilliant but why do you think that the Sound Science forum is the right place for you to post BS based on illogic?

G

May 2, 2024 at 1:46 PM Post #23 of 44
Yep, as predicted you just dismiss the actual facts and instead stick to some nonsense theory which you’ve effectively admitted you just made up. Sure, Faraday, Maxwell, Heaviside, Einstein, Tesla and numerous others were all wrong because “what your logic tells you”.

For logic to give valid results, it has to be applied to valid facts. You can’t just invent BS facts, apply logic to them and call the result logical, it’s not, it’s illogical. So what you’ve basically stated is that you refuse to believe the proven scientific facts because that’s not what your illogic tells you! Brilliant but why do you think that the Sound Science forum is the right place for you to post BS based on illogic?

So you state electrons dont move at all on AC? nice one...

May 2, 2024 at 1:51 PM Post #24 of 44
We also left out the fact that more current (probably) means more electrons... since the energy density increases... where do the additional electrons come from that make up for this density?
the whole theory seems much more complex than some simplifications here...

May 2, 2024 at 1:52 PM Post #25 of 44
So I post this:
In an AC system the electrons move backwards and forwards …
And in response you write this:
Huh, that’s what your “logic” tells you is it? I think it’s way past time you had a serious look at your logic!

G

May 2, 2024 at 1:53 PM Post #26 of 44
No, he said:
In an AC system the electrons move backwards and forwards but their net movement is zero, there is no flow.
The average electron flow is zero on AC. They move back and forth and in circles and left and right and up and down.
[Edit: oh, just missed the last post.]

May 2, 2024 at 1:57 PM Post #27 of 44
No, he said:

The average electron flow is zero on AC. They move back and forth and in circles and left and right and up and down.
[Edit: oh, just missed the last post.]
i know what he said, and i dont think he thinks electrons dont move at all... tho he makes me look stupid because i state there is some movement involved...

May 2, 2024 at 1:57 PM Post #28 of 44
We also left out the fact that more current (probably) means more electrons... since the energy density increases... where do the additional electrons come from that make up for this density?
You really don't have the faintest clue what you are talking about, do you?

May 2, 2024 at 2:08 PM Post #29 of 44
You really don't have the faintest clue what you are talking about, do you?
oh, i got it indeed wrong, electrons just move faster...

May 2, 2024 at 2:16 PM Post #30 of 44
oh, i got it indeed wrong, electrons just move faster...
That’s just classic. Actually you’re still wrong, it’s the little audiophile pixies dancing around the electrons that get faster but they can’t be measured because only audiophile DACs can detect them. lol

G

Users who are viewing this thread

Back