Speed of Electricity in a Cable
May 2, 2024 at 2:17 PM Post #31 of 44
Electrons are very slow, not slightly slower.
If electron run just "slightly slower", all electric cables in this world will be burn up!
The starting of current is almost immediately make some of people think electron jumping fast between atoms

May 2, 2024 at 2:32 PM Post #32 of 44
So you state electrons dont move at all on AC? nice one...
Let me short speaking: electron VIBRATES 50Hz (50 cycle per second) in AC power line (my country). And may be 60Hz on other countries.
Sorry my 2 cents.
P.S: English is not my native language, I am not good at English but MOVE and VIBRATE is almost not same meaning

Last edited:
May 2, 2024 at 2:45 PM Post #33 of 44
We also left out the fact that more current (probably) means more electrons... since the energy density increases... where do the additional electrons come from that make up for this density?
the whole theory seems much more complex than some simplifications here...
More current requires more voltage everything else (read: impedance) staying the same. More voltage means more electrons are available.

May 2, 2024 at 2:58 PM Post #34 of 44
So you state electrons don't move at all on AC?
In 3-phase AC systems (typically power transmission) the phases are 120° (2𝜋/3 rads) apart from each other and when the load of all 3 phases are identical, the current in the common ground wire gets canceled to zero (electrons don't "move"). In real life the loads of the phases are somewhat different and there is net current in the common ground wire, albeit smaller than in the phase wires. That's why the common ground wire can be thinner which saves money in power transmission lines.

May 2, 2024 at 3:48 PM Post #35 of 44
... as soon there is a potential difference as soon will electrons "move" ...
Correct and incorrect.
Let me give a matter:
Voltage apply: 1.5VDC
Cross section of conductive, copper: 100mm2
Total impedance include battery: 1.5 Ohm
How many electrons flow through (cross plane) per second? Say A
How many free electron (electron ready to go) exiting there? Say B
You believe A<B or do not?
I will say some of free electron(s) but do not move even apply a voltage.

When you have A=B, means max capability of transmission. Oh we need a fuse always

PS: dont really do physis or maths if you know A<B already

May 2, 2024 at 7:42 PM Post #36 of 44
In 3-phase AC systems (typically power transmission) the phases are 120° (2𝜋/3 rads) apart from each other and when the load of all 3 phases are identical, the current in the common ground wire gets canceled to zero (electrons don't "move"). In real life the loads of the phases are somewhat different and there is net current in the common ground wire, albeit smaller than in the phase wires. That's why the common ground wire can be thinner which saves money in power transmission lines.

Ohh god please no……..don’t introduce the complexities of explaining 3 phase power factor correction otherwise the next thread posted in sound science will be “how do I rig up 3 phase to my amplifier for more power?”.

May 2, 2024 at 8:06 PM Post #37 of 44
Maybe a stupid question, but could someone explain why AC is just as dangerous DC, i mean what is getting us shocked if electrons stay nearly the same and just move back and forth a bit ?

Well, i guess when we touch AC because of the potential differences just the "jumping around" from the electrons that are already there actually shocks us, right?

Sorry, actually never thought about this...

Last edited:
May 2, 2024 at 8:54 PM Post #38 of 44
Maybe a stupid question, but could someone explain why AC is just as dangerous DC, i mean what is getting us shocked if electrons stay nearly the same and just move back and forth a bit ?

Well, i guess when we touch AC because of the potential differences just the "jumping around" from the electrons that are already there actually shocks us, right?

https://www.asc.ohio-state.edu/physics/p616/safety/more_current.html

May 2, 2024 at 9:17 PM Post #39 of 44
this doesnt really answer my question about what actually shocks you on an electron level, because the potential difference apparently just makes electrons already inside your body "move" and this movement actually shocks you as i understand it, and the faster the electrons "move a bit/jump" the more dangerous it is

with "dc thinking" you always get the expression that electrons need to "flow" trough your body (and that the "dangerous electricity comes from the outside")... but apparently a electron "movement" inside your body is actually shocking you, right?

on this link is nothing that is "really" new to me, tho i have forgotten some stuff, so thanks anyway

May 3, 2024 at 2:06 AM Post #41 of 44
But what follows from this?
How does this relate to sound?
Do you want to create a cable miracle?
Good question...

i dont know how it relates to sound but for example.. inakustik cables seem to utilize this principle to some degree, either deliberately for this or other reasons (isolation between wires, EMF canceling eachother etc..) or to make it look cool :D

Screenshot from 2024-05-03 07-57-06.png

May 3, 2024 at 4:17 AM Post #42 of 44

You've give a wrong statement.
DC is much danger than AC.
You know DC safety level is <40VDC right?
That is so low, bcs it is more dangerous.
To many wrong things.
Foreign electron (the one comes from copper, alumi...) and your electron are the same 1000%.
What lead you to think only foreign electrons comes in your body(and others come out) can make you shock, and vibration of electron should not affect to your health???
Some alive things that seem to be safe in that case I know is kinds of electric fish.
Your question may be translate to this: why do human got heath matter with his/her heart pumping faster/slower than normal heart beat rate range.

Sun's electro storm can lead birds to crash on to ground even electromagnetic turbulence does not put any electron to come in those birds. That is affection of electron vibration!

May 4, 2024 at 10:01 AM Post #44 of 44
Electricity is “what is getting us shocked” and electricity is an electromagnetic field, not electrons! The electromagnetic field (in the video you posted) travelled at roughly 293,000,000 m/s while the electrons in a DC circuit travel at about 0.00002 m/s and in an AC circuit they don’t travel at all, they just oscillate and end up with roughly no net movement.
You stated “the thing with electronic is that there are much false conceptions”, if you’ve “actually never thought about this” then you having “false conceptions” is hardly a surprise. And, don’t you think that at the very least you should have thought about it BEFORE making all sorts of assertions about it?

G

Users who are viewing this thread

Back