special modifications for headphone listening
Mar 25, 2008 at 4:15 PM Post #31 of 36
Soundstage is much better. Even though its width is only increased slightly, instruments are much better placed in space and I can say that sound is more detailed. I definitely recommend give it a try ! (best in dark with closed eyes)

Mar 25, 2008 at 7:00 PM Post #32 of 36
There is an audible difference between the samples. Instruments definitely seem farther placed, interesting modification, but I wouldnt universally call it better for headphone listening. I think it might work better for grado's and cd's that are "hot" in mixing. My 2 cents....

Mar 27, 2008 at 11:59 PM Post #34 of 36
Looks like there's a kind of HRTF behind this, right (plus other filters...) ?

Only listened to one example yet (download is slow...). Overall, the soundstage is wider/farther away, with more distance between the accompanying instruments and the singer. Sound is still sharp, balanced and detailed, though, contrarily to a certain number of HRTFs that tend to "soften" the details and emphasize some frequencies.

It's very interesting for sure. Could be great as a real-time plug-in for popular players, or (more geenrally) as a VST for instance. Having to re-encode the whole libray is burdensome, and the filtered files can't be used for archiving...

Mar 29, 2008 at 2:42 PM Post #35 of 36
-it's very time consumpting process, so I can't imagine to my self that it will be an *on play plugin
.......maybe after 10 years
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back