speakers & sub on a budget (Swans D1080 Mark II and cheap sub)
Jan 9, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #16 of 20
It depends if you can add a sub later on and how much you'd miss the low end dubstep has alot of low-end and without it it's not the same, if you can add a sub later on then the bookshelf speakers and an amp are the much better choice otherwise go with the edifier set.

Jan 9, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #17 of 20

Quote:
It depends if you can add a sub later on and how much you'd miss the low end dubstep has alot of low-end and without it it's not the same, if you can add a sub later on then the bookshelf speakers and an amp are the much better choice otherwise go with the edifier set.

I wont be able to add a sub no...well a half decent one anyway so looks like its the Edifier set then. I just came accross these http://www.amazon.co.uk/Avid-M-Audio-BX5-Studio-Monitors/dp/B005OOSZR2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326143469&sr=8-1 meant to be really good however will the bass be lacking again.
I dont really listen to mainstream dubstep more chilled dubstep and melodic so highs and mids are still important, like this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPT8DA32U6U Also listen to indie rock (like The XX)

Thanks soooo much, this is my last question i promise :D

Cheers 

Jan 9, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #19 of 20

Quote:

Right Ok i see, think i will go for the Edifier then as i dont think i can afford the BX8 or Behringers, just got to try and find a cheap black set now...not to keen on the white, which tends to be cheaper :frowning2: lol

For a bass head like myself i think this is the right decision :p
 ​
Thanks for all your help mate, really appreciate it!
 ​
 ​
 ​
Cheers :D

Jan 10, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #20 of 20
seems like the black ones cost over £50 more :frowning2: still tempted to hang around on gumtree and av forums to see if any real nice subs come up for cheap and then get some active bookshelf´s not sure what would be better! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back