Speakers/Monitors Under £150
Jan 2, 2013 at 9:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

BoomBap

New Head-Fier
Aloha Amigos,

I'm after a new set of speakers as these Logitech Z323's are not hitting the spot
tongue.gif

So my budget is tight as you can see, would ideally like to keep it to £100 but can stretch to £150 if need be.

Music I listen to mainly is rap, dubstep & dnb so looking for something that packs a punch in the low region. Of course I'm aware that won't be provided to the best with a 2.0 system but hey I'll survive and maybe even buy a sub soon depending on the outcome.

I should also state I do some music production too so something with a flat response or close to one would be ideal.

So far I have managed to find some used M-Audio AV40s  for £50 which I think is a bargain as they are £100 in new condition.

Of course I'm aware it's difficult to get some passive speakers and an amp for £150 so an active pair will be what I'll have to go with.

Thanks for reading, I look forward to reading some recommendations/suggestions :)

Jan 2, 2013 at 1:55 PM Post #2 of 15
There was a pair of Behringer 2031Ps and a sony power amp for £90 in the Liverpool area on Gumtree. I would've jumped on it, but I already have the active version and no space for a speaker amp.

TL:DR
Try Gumtree.

Jan 3, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #4 of 15
I heartily recommend the Alesis Monitor One MKII passive speakers.
I'm currently using a pair for my living room for home theatre and Hifi needs.

They are readily available in the US of A via Amazon at US$170 with free shipping.
If you look at the reviews, these speakers readily rival speakers in the US$1000 range.
They have a flat neutral curve which works with all genres of music.
They are full range speakers into the 40s Hz and can provide plenty of bass slam without the need for a separate subwoofer.

I'm not sure if you can get them in the UK though?

Jan 3, 2013 at 7:19 AM Post #5 of 15
Hi, yes they sell them over here as well :) Interestingly enough someone else recommended them too, well the active version anyway :p

However I made the jump yesterday and purchased the AV40s for a bargain price :wink:

Jan 3, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #7 of 15
Hi, yes they sell them over here as well :) Interestingly enough someone else recommended them too, well the active version anyway :p

However I made the jump yesterday and purchased the AV40s for a bargain price :wink:

Glad to hear that you got something good for your needs.

BTW, the passive version of the Alesis speakers are much better than the "upgraded" active version due to over boomy bass for the latter.

Cheers!

Jan 4, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #8 of 15
Quote:
Glad to hear that you got something good for your needs.
BTW, the passive version of the Alesis speakers are much better than the "upgraded" active version due to over boomy bass for the latter.
Cheers!

Thanks Sloth! But I have to say I'm still fascinated by the thought of a passive setup, so who knows I might make another jump soon for some casual listening :p
Hopefully I'll report back on the AV40s! :wink:

Quote:
Try to swing some Equator D5's.

£350? No thanks :p

Jan 5, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #13 of 15
Check out Audioengine A2!! It s pair of powered speakers. I am using it right now and really love it. And it is just fit perfect with your kind of music. I dont know the exact price, but it shouldnt be more than the amount u you have set

Jan 8, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #15 of 15
KRK Rockit RP6 G2's should fit your budget and have a decent amount of low end (substantiated by front porting) and should suit your musical genres decently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back