speakers are here, one problem, can someone help?
Jan 20, 2006 at 11:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

granodemostasa

Headphoneus Supremus
my M-Audio DX4 got here but the cable that came with them was an RCA to 1/8 but my dac has only RCA outputs. i need RCA to RCA. my question is what RCA to RCA should i buy. Thanks.
also, after looking around i realize this can get pretty expensive, so i'm setting a limit at 100 and would be very happy if the price were lower than that.

Jan 21, 2006 at 12:46 AM Post #3 of 13
umm... i'm getting impatient already and the only ones that are sold around here are "monster" cables. my questions: how are they?

Jan 21, 2006 at 2:43 AM Post #4 of 13
In the opinion of many, (including me) the Monster cables are not bad, but do not represent good value. http://www.usedcable.com/ is one way to cut cable costs. Kimber and Wireworld and Cardas are lines that I feel offer good value; they've been in business a long time. With those companies you tend to get what you pay for, but in any case the sound is pleasant, with more money getting more.

Note that some maintain that cables all sound alike, and anything over $5 is a waste of money. I don't agree, but that may provide some background for some of the posts that may show up here.

I have no experience with some of the newer smaller cable companies.

Jan 21, 2006 at 7:39 AM Post #5 of 13
Just buy some cheap 10$ rca's to hold you over, nothing sold locally will match value or performance of online parts. Get a DIYer to make you some starquad.. great stuff for the money. Or make it yourself, it's pretty cheap.

Jan 21, 2006 at 5:12 PM Post #6 of 13
I use those monitors for a small synthesizer my 3 yr old plays with. Honestly, don't spend more than $20 for a pair of interconnects for those speakers. You aren't going to be able to hear a difference.

Jan 21, 2006 at 6:03 PM Post #7 of 13
lol man, cold blooded, coold blooded.. that sounds so crass, though if you follow the "rule" of interconnects 10% of total system setup, that would put you at about 30$ interconnects. Seriously, look into starquad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleestack
I use those monitors for a small synthesizer my 3 yr old plays with. Honestly, don't spend more than $20 for a pair of interconnects for those speakers. You aren't going to be able to hear a difference.

Jan 21, 2006 at 6:26 PM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeW
lol man, cold blooded, coold blooded.. that sounds so crass, though if you follow the "rule" of interconnects 10% of total system setup, that would put you at about 30$ interconnects. Seriously, look into starquad.

I didn't mean for it to come off like that. LOL. My kid's synth is actually a nice little 3 octave Alesis that I tried to pass off as a "toy" when my wife asked me "what is a 2 yr old going to do with that?" I like the MX4s, but don't think you'll hear a difference through them as long as you use something decent. For fun, I'll go hook up my Cardas GR to the MX4s and do some DBTs.

Jan 21, 2006 at 6:57 PM Post #9 of 13
okay, i've made up my mind, i now consider this mattter closed

Jan 22, 2006 at 4:55 AM Post #10 of 13
You bought the monsters dident you!
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 22, 2006 at 7:57 PM Post #13 of 13
i'm gonna order the interconnects when i get my amp from headroom; i'm deciding what amp to get, if you would like to help go over to the amp forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back