Speaker cable or interconnect?
Apr 26, 2010 at 4:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

larry

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone.

I was thinking to move a little step up. I am still deciding whether to upgrade my speaker cable or interconnect. Which of the component I change benefit most and what should I get? My current setup is:

Laptop(USB)/Dekstop(Optical)>Beresford TC-7520>Blue Jeans Cable LC-1>Azur 340A>Belden 1313A>PSB Alpha B1

From my setup I guess I do not need a diamond or sapphire cable.
bigsmile_face.gif
Just a decent upgrade from my setup.
L3000.gif

Apr 26, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #2 of 10
The cables you're using are quite fine.
From my point of view most benefit would come from a better amplifier.
CA Azur 640A is a very nice option and I've seen quite a few on the used market at sensible prices.

Apr 26, 2010 at 11:35 PM Post #4 of 10
You might get a bit of a tonal change with different cables, such as silver, which some people like, but with what you have, you'd be far better off saving your money for better gear.

Apr 27, 2010 at 12:41 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiofil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
CA Azur 640A is a very nice option and I've seen quite a few on the used market at sensible prices.

In that case, I shall continue to understand my setup better to prepare for an better amplifier. =D

Does the hiface benefit against my USB for laptop and optical for dekstop? My music are rip and stored in Red book standard. Using AIFF format.

Apr 27, 2010 at 11:32 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by larry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does the hiface benefit against my USB for laptop and optical for dekstop?

Assuming you're currently using on-board audio on both, yes, you are likely to benefit on both. The HiFace is a very high quality SPDIF output. Read up on it if you're interested. There's plenty of info out there.

--Matt

Apr 30, 2010 at 5:52 AM Post #8 of 10
yup upgrade one of the other components first

though i can understand why ppl want to purchase cables (smaller outlay than a new component)

wait till you get into power recepticals, tuning feet, etc

lol

Apr 30, 2010 at 1:07 PM Post #9 of 10
Cables should be one of the last upgrades that you do.
When you are satisfied with your main components...Source, Amplifier, Transducer...start looking at cables and tweaks

May 3, 2010 at 4:18 AM Post #10 of 10
i think the 640 caps off a around 70 watt for 8 0hm, do you think the 640 could still drive some 85 or 100 watt speakers? i currently use klispch rb51 but want to upgrade to something with more punch, not sure? rb51 is rated 75-300, hopefully it could drive these too?

thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by audiofil /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back