Tube Heater Soft Start
40 second Tube Warm-Up Delay
User Gain Control Button
User Selectable Input Attenuator Of -15dB
DC Protection For The Headphone Outputs
Very Low Output Impedance < .25 ohms
High Damping Factor
10Hz – 100KHz Frequency Response
Gain Of 12dB (Low Gain) And 21.5dB (High Gain)
Unloaded Cross Talk >100dB @ 1KHz
Power Out 2 Watts Max @ 32Ohms
Power Out 750mW Max @300 Ohms
15V Peak Output Voltage
250mA Peak Output Current
THD 0.1% - 1.5% Depending On Settings
9” Wide, 6” Deep, 2.5” Tall
120 / 240 VAC Operation

Link: https://sparkoslabs.com/gemini-headphone-amp/

Nov 11, 2023 at 1:31 PM Post #2 of 78
This marvelous headphone amplifier really deserves it own thread!

Nov 13, 2023 at 9:06 AM Post #3 of 78
Gemini.Arrival.01m.jpg
Gemini.Arrival.02.jpg

Working my way up the food chain (sort of:smirk:), so far I used the Gemini with Dan Clark Aeon 2 Closed, Kennerton Rögnir Dynamic and the venerable Fostex TH-909!
I'm currently using the Questyle Fifteen as my DAC (until the Eversolo DMP-A8 arrives) and I'm very happy with the combo so far.

Gemini initial impressions so far:
  • very solid build with a little DIY charm :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
  • power button on the front - as it should be
  • very good output power (not yet above 9' o'clock with my headphones)
  • SS2590 discrete OPA output stage paired with tube seems to be the perfect symbiosis
  • the A2C has never sounded so good with any other headphone amplifier, whether tube or solid state
  • the TH909 is also at the absolute top level of reproduction
Gemini.Go.Buy.png

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2023 at 9:29 AM Post #4 of 78
SS2590 discrete OPA output stage paired with tube seems to be the perfect symbiosis
Can only agree with your impressions. I'm using it with Qutest and the pair is the perfect balance of dynamics and sweetness. Compact size ideal for my needs; build very sturdy and impressive; every exchange with Sparkos - a joy.

Favorite pairings so far HD800s, 600ohm DT990, and likely by far Rognir planr. Just marvellous.

I was thinking about DCA Noire this myself. Interesting to read they pair nicely with Gemini - maybe I'll revisit. Also curious about Liric, another headphone I sold some time back. I'd imagine that's also quite a good pairing?

Nov 13, 2023 at 11:26 AM Post #5 of 78
Can only agree with your impressions. I'm using it with Qutest and the pair is the perfect balance of dynamics and sweetness. Compact size ideal for my needs; build very sturdy and impressive; every exchange with Sparkos - a joy.

Favorite pairings so far HD800s, 600ohm DT990, and likely by far Rognir planr. Just marvellous.

I was thinking about DCA Noire this myself. Interesting to read they pair nicely with Gemini - maybe I'll revisit. Also curious about Liric, another headphone I sold some time back. I'd imagine that's also quite a good pairing?
Using the Qutest seems like a very obvious choice to me, as there aren't that many quality (modern) single-ended DACs left on the market (was and still considering it myself)!
Being a heavy headphone hoarder™ I still have not tried the my Liric or Rögnir Planar yet, the queue is too long :sunglasses:
I bet the Noire (=A2C with the perforated pads) is at least worth a try for you (along with the Liric).

Nov 16, 2023 at 10:26 PM Post #6 of 78
Gemini.Arrival.01m.jpgGemini.Arrival.02.jpg

Working my way up the food chain (sort of:smirk:), so far I used the Gemini with Dan Clark Aeon 2 Closed, Kennerton Rögnir Dynamic and the venerable Fostex TH-909!
I'm currently using the Questyle Fifteen as my DAC (until the Eversolo DMP-A8 arrives) and I'm very happy with the combo so far.

Gemini initial impressions so far:
  • very solid build with a little DIY charm :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
  • power button on the front - as it should be
  • very good output power (not yet above 9' o'clock with my headphones)
  • SS2590 discrete OPA output stage paired with tube seems to be the perfect symbiosis
  • the A2C has never sounded so good with any other headphone amplifier, whether tube or solid state
  • the TH909 is also at the absolute top level of reproduction
Gemini.Go.Buy.png
Hi , how does the Gemini amp sound compared to xduoo you have

Nov 17, 2023 at 3:38 AM Post #7 of 78
Hi , how does the Gemini amp sound compared to xduoo you have
Now - as expected - the Gemini is the better amplifier, no question. Nevertheless, the price-performance ratio of the xDuoo TA-22 is still excellent, as the device also includes a DAC (overall build and look-and-feel might also be slightly in favor of the xDuoo). The Sparkos output stage delivers more punch in the lower bass regions with a clear and wide soundstage, while the xDuoo tends to have a slight boost in the mid and upper bass regions while being slightly less holographic (all with stock tubes, can vary with diffent tubes for sure).

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2023 at 7:22 AM Post #8 of 78
Now - as expected - the Gemini is the better amplifier, no question. Nevertheless, the price-performance ratio of the xDuoo TA-22 is still excellent, as the device also includes a DAC (overall build and look-and-feel might also be slightly in favor of the xDuoo). The Sparkos output stage delivers more punch in the lower bass regions with a clear and wide soundstage, while the xDuoo tends to have a slight boost in the mid and upper bass regions while being slightly less holographic (all with stock tubes, can vary with diffent tubes for sure).
Thanks for the information 🙏

Nov 17, 2023 at 10:12 AM Post #9 of 78
Gemini.VC.01.jpg

Next in line: ZMF Verite Closed (Koa) - the Gemini really takes the VC to the next level! I prefer this particular pairing even to my Cayin HA-3A + DAC11 :ksc75smile:

Nov 17, 2023 at 4:09 PM Post #10 of 78
I had to join Gemini ‘lift-off’ 🚀 !! Head-Fi, we do not have a problem ….. Audio Magic M-1 fuse, also, is on the way ….. ECC81, ECC82, ECC88, 6922, 7308, 12AT7, 12AU7 ….. are standing by 🫡

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2023 at 7:18 AM Post #11 of 78

[even if I can't agree with everything he states]​

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2023 at 4:22 PM Post #13 of 78
Sparkos Gemini is being readied for use. The stock fuse (T 200 mA) is replaced by Audio Magic M-1 (T 250 mA); the stock 6922 (Electro-Harmonix) is replaced by Brimar CV455 KB/FB (Footscray, 1956); jumper #1 is set for tube ‘Type 2’ (includes 12AT7); jumper #2 is set for ‘In / Low Bias’ (more tube contribution to tube-opamp mix). 🤪🙂

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2023 at 4:24 PM Post #14 of 78
PS — the above took place during a boring as sh#t conference call (WFH) … 🤔🥱😵‍💫😏

Nov 21, 2023 at 4:42 PM Post #15 of 78
Just ordered the Gemini today. I can't wait to get back into tubes....good I never got rid of my stash 😎 Got close to 100 of these tubes. (along with a few others as well)Also some holy grail ones. Funnily I quite enjoy some of the russian ones the most.
20231121_223527~2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back