Southern USA? SC? NC?
Nov 8, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #18 of 28
Definitely! I know I'd be down. We only need to figure out where it could be and when. Someone could start a Charlotte Area Meet thread and see who may be interested and what gear can be brought. My only concern is that it's getting close to the holidays now and a lot of people (myself included) may be going out of town a lot.... Maybe January would be a good time?

Thoughts?

Nov 8, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #19 of 28
Quote:
Definitely! I know I'd be down. We only need to figure out where it could be and when. Someone could start a Charlotte Area Meet thread and see who may be interested and what gear can be brought. My only concern is that it's getting close to the holidays now and a lot of people (myself included) may be going out of town a lot.... Maybe January would be a good time?

Thoughts?

motion seconded. But we need someone who can kinda head the whole thing. Then perhaps we can set up a list of people who can come and their gear. Anyone up for something like that?

Nov 9, 2012 at 1:20 AM Post #20 of 28
Hey fellow North (and South) Carolinians. I'm checking in here from Durham, NC. I like the meet-up idea at Moon Audio in Cary because it's a central location and wouldn't be quite a drive for those people that live in Wilminghton or Myrtle Beach. Otherwise, I'd be okay with making a trip to Charlotte as well. Not sure if Moon has a showroom/listening room or what but they sure have a lot of high end stuff on their website. January or February sounds like an ideal time too since the holidays will be out of the way. I don't have a lot of high end stuff yet because I'm just starting out but I'm always down for meeting some new people with similar interests. Subscribed to this thread and hope something works out. 

Nov 11, 2012 at 9:30 AM Post #22 of 28
January or February is a good time to have a meet. People are looking for something to do after the holidays. In a previous post I sugested I'd be willing to host a meet at my house, however my wife and I are planning a 2 week road trip sometime in that 2 month period. I don't know which 2 weeks and probably won't until December so setting a date is a problem right now.

Also, should the meet get too big for my home I can probably rent a room at the club house http://verdictridge.com/clubhouse/  the cost would be about $100.00.

Nov 11, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #23 of 28
Quote:
January or February is a good time to have a meet. People are looking for something to do after the holidays. In a previous post I sugested I'd be willing to host a meet at my house, however my wife and I are planning a 2 week road trip sometime in that 2 month period. I don't know which 2 weeks and probably won't until December so setting a date is a problem right now.

Also, should the meet get too big for my home I can probably rent a room at the club house http://verdictridge.com/clubhouse/  the cost would be about $100.00.

So it seems everyone is leaning more towards after the holidays, which I agree is a good idea. I do like the idea of renting a space should people decide to make the meet big. I don't know how large this could potentially get, but I know the one in Chicago often would have a small raffle with prizes from vendors, and the raffle money would be used to pay for the rental space. It's a great way to get vendors and head-fi'ers involved. Of course, they also have people like Ray Samuels and Todd the Vinyl Junkie involved up there...

A small house meet/pot luck could also be just as fun!

Nov 11, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #24 of 28
Quote:
So it seems everyone is leaning more towards after the holidays, which I agree is a good idea. I do like the idea of renting a space should people decide to make the meet big. I don't know how large this could potentially get, but I know the one in Chicago often would have a small raffle with prizes from vendors, and the raffle money would be used to pay for the rental space. It's a great way to get vendors and head-fi'ers involved. Of course, they also have people like Ray Samuels and Todd the Vinyl Junkie involved up there...

A small house meet/pot luck could also be just as fun!

What you're describing is more like the  CanFest that DannyB has put together in Charlotte. What I'm envisioning is a meet with Head-Fies only. I suggested the possibility of rental space because at my home I can handle about 8 with their gear. Space to set up gear in really the problem, not the head count.  

Nov 12, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #25 of 28
Yeah, I'm kinda leaning towards somewhere bigger for the gear. I mean even if we have say 10-15 people, the less than 10  bucks a person to cover the cost of the place. So fatcat28037 are you willing to head this thing, as it seems it going to be at your place or somewhere you know of? It would be much appreciated. 

I don't know about anyone else but I'm starting to get rather excited.  

Nov 12, 2012 at 8:05 AM Post #26 of 28
OK I'll put the show together. Today I'll double check the price of the room and availability in Jan/Feb just in case it's necessary to go that way. Attention everyone............If you're interested in this meet send me a PM. That way I'll have your address and easily add it to a list.

Nov 12, 2012 at 9:00 AM Post #27 of 28
OK I'll put the show together. Today I'll double check the price of the room and availability in Jan/Feb just in case it's necessary to go that way. Attention everyone............If you're interested in this meet send me a PM. That way I'll have your address and easily add it to a list.

Great, thanks for heading this up Fatcat! May I again suggest changing the title of this thread or creating a new thread called something like "Official Charlotte area head-fi meet 2013" just so more people may stumble upon it and gain more interest.

The more, the merrier and all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back