Southern USA? SC? NC?
Apr 5, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #3 of 28
Yay, I'm South Carolina [located rather close to Myrtle Beach]

There is a Drum'n'Bass scene here, even some local producers as well as a grwing Dub Step scene, that being said there should be a decent number of Head-Fi members in the area! [I say that because listening to Drum'n'Bass is what got me into Higher End head Phones]

Apr 7, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #5 of 28
Cool yeah, I'm in Wilmington, NC. I've always had BOSE stuff and just wanted more. I never knew what they were doing with the EQ, but, for example, a green day song with come on and somehow the guitar track would not be prominent in the mix. It was OK for me workshop (I repair and build guitars) and my little BOSE wave player, but recently ditched the computer tower and went to a laptop. It was only last year I went from a Discman to a mobile device. I grabbed the QC15's and wow does BOSE know how to cancel noise, but I really hate how it changes the EQ of my music even more. That is what got me into Head-Fi basically... I purchased some HD 380 Pro's from Sennheiser on a whim and while the cord made them REALLY ANNOYING for portable use I'd never heard my songs sound so good. Especially all the dubstep. I needed to find out why and what similar products were out there and that brought me here. Yay, fun story, (like anyone kept reading) LOL :D

Oct 23, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #7 of 28
So guys...there isn't a legitimate headphone store within a 100 miles of Charlotte...who has the power to start a meet?

Oct 27, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #9 of 28
Quote:
You know about Moon Audio, right (in Cary, NC)?  Not exactly close but a heck of a lot closer than from Atlanta!

I'm waiting for my next trip to NYC, personally. I've given up finding much locally.

Good luck!

Jeff

whoaaaa! no i did not! sweet. I also found some shop in charlotte. They seem to primarily be speaker place but the have grado, bower and wilkins and someone else reputable whos name escapes me.

Oct 30, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #10 of 28
Quote:
You know about Moon Audio, right (in Cary, NC)?  Not exactly close but a heck of a lot closer than from Atlanta!

I'm waiting for my next trip to NYC, personally. I've given up finding much locally.

Good luck!

Jeff

I may take a trip to Cary sometime. Have you been? Do they have a lot of stuff to audition?

Quote:
whoaaaa! no i did not! sweet. I also found some shop in charlotte. They seem to primarily be speaker place but the have grado, bower and wilkins and someone else reputable whos name escapes me.

I'm in Charlotte too. What place are you talking about?

We should try and have a mini-meet sometime. I'm from Chicago and miss going to the ChiUniFi meets up there. Not sure how much interest there is in CLT, though...

Nov 1, 2012 at 9:04 PM Post #11 of 28
So this is the shop.  I drove by it, but of course they were closed. It seems like they have really strange hours. 

And I agree on the mini meet, even if we could find like 5 or 6 people that would be great. Get the word out! 
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 3, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #12 of 28
Dannyb has organized 3 large meet in Charlotte in the last 5 years, but nothing planned for now. I've had 3 meets at my home in Denver,NC (on the west side of Lake Norman). I haven't given thought to having another one but if enough Head-Fiers were interested I'd put something together.

There are photos on my profile page of the Charlotte meets and the meets at my house.

Nov 4, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #13 of 28
Quote:
Dannyb has organized 3 large meet in Charlotte in the last 5 years, but nothing planned for now. I've had 3 meets at my home in Denver,NC (on the west side of Lake Norman). I haven't given thought to having another one but if enough Head-Fiers were interested I'd put something together.

There are photos on my profile page of the Charlotte meets and the meets at my house.

well, we have 2 or 3 here. what kind of a number do we need for one, ball park?

Nov 4, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #14 of 28
Quote:
well, we have 2 or 3 here. what kind of a number do we need for one, ball park?

Yes, I'm also interested if we can get enough people and cool gear. I could bring some decent stuff, mid-level. Unfortunately I don't know any other head-fi'ers who I could bring along.

Nov 4, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #15 of 28
Quote:

Yes, I'm also interested if we can get enough people and cool gear. I could bring some decent stuff, mid-level. Unfortunately I don't know any other head-fi'ers who I could bring along.

motion seconded, thought it would be great if we had some heavy hitters with fantastic stuff. Thought they might not get a lot out of it, they might have fun time showing off their cans...and watching the astonished looks of those who have never heard such things...ive got the srh 840, hd 600, xb700, and 8323 to name the cans. Nothing utterly fantastic, but i love them...well...this is becoming another story 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back