Southeast PA (Philly, Lehigh Valley, So. Jersey) Mini-Meet May 7th
May 5, 2011 at 12:13 AM Post #151 of 211
Does anyone been to Lee's house know if parking is convenient near there? How many cars can park there? thanks.

May 5, 2011 at 9:48 AM Post #153 of 211
Yep...plenty of street parking.

Anyone who has 4-pin balanced cables fir their cans should bring them...I just opened a rare treat from Red Wine Audio...a prototype of their upcoming BALANCED Isabella DAC/HPA!

I also got 2 boxes from Woo Audio yesterday...a WA6 with Teflon adaptor and tube as well as a WA2.

That's in addition to the HifiMan HE-4's and HE-500's.

May 5, 2011 at 10:19 AM Post #156 of 211
Sorry...I have the opposite. From 4-pin to dual 3-pin.

Cool Ari! Thanks!

May 5, 2011 at 10:22 AM Post #158 of 211
Quote:
Yep...plenty of street parking.

Anyone who has 4-pin balanced cables fir their cans should bring them...I just opened a rare treat from Red Wine Audio...a prototype of their upcoming BALANCED Isabella DAC/HPA!

I also got 2 boxes from Woo Audio yesterday...a WA6 with Teflon adaptor and tube as well as a WA2.

That's in addition to the HifiMan HE-4's and HE-500's.

The mystery amp was a WA2?  =]

I was all excited.

May 5, 2011 at 10:36 AM Post #159 of 211
Oh man, thanks for the catching that.  It has WON a few competitions.  My brain is so very fried from finals.

Thanks for the compliments NG.  At least this time the temperature won't be in the mid 90's like it was at the Jersey meet last summer.

May 5, 2011 at 4:59 PM Post #160 of 211

Quote:
Quote:

The mystery amp was a WA2?  =]

I was all excited.

Yep...'just' a WA2. :wink:

Just a reminder for everyone...

BRING POWER STRIPS!

May 5, 2011 at 6:57 PM Post #161 of 211
And extension cords! Don't forget all your interconnects and power cords.
Another tip, Lee has mentioned that space is tight. That could mean you might have to stack components. I use hard cover books between each component to isolate them so they can sound their best. I'm sure if you look around you can find something. I know meet conditions aren't always ideal for listening but properly setting everything up can still make a difference.

I'd also like to remind everyone to please make sure that the volume knob is turned all the way down and/or the music is on pause before unplugging all headphones from a(n) amp(s). It's just a precaution as there have been several blown amps in the past at Head-Fi meets. Also, be kind and turn down the volume after listening. Some people listen at different levels than others.

I might suggest everyone post a placard on their amps as a reminder.

Thanks again Lee for all the work.

May 5, 2011 at 7:06 PM Post #162 of 211
Another nice thing to do is to make a sheet of paper with your component list so people will know what they are listening to.

May 5, 2011 at 8:46 PM Post #163 of 211
Just found out recently about the meet.Grado PS1000 and GS1000.Edition 8's.Beyer T50P.Yarland P-100 Tube Amp.TTVJ Slim Amp.Rega Saturn CD Player and some other stuff.Should be fun.

May 5, 2011 at 9:17 PM Post #164 of 211

Quote:
And extension cords! Don't forget all your interconnects and power cords.
Another tip, Lee has mentioned that space is tight. That could mean you might have to stack components. I use hard cover books between each component to isolate them so they can sound their best. I'm sure if you look around you can find something. I know meet conditions aren't always ideal for listening but properly setting everything up can still make a difference.

I'd also like to remind everyone to please make sure that the volume knob is turned all the way down and/or the music is on pause before unplugging all headphones from a(n) amp(s). It's just a precaution as there have been several blown amps in the past at Head-Fi meets. Also, be kind and turn down the volume after listening. Some people listen at different levels than others.

I might suggest everyone post a placard on their amps as a reminder.

Thanks again Lee for all the work.

Nice tip Baka (have your laugh again). Placing placards would be good for any meet newbies.

May 5, 2011 at 11:20 PM Post #165 of 211

Who's ready for a MEET?!? 

This is just some of mine and vendor gear.  Can't wait to see/hear all of your stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back