South Florida Summer 2005 meet
Jun 9, 2005 at 2:52 AM Post #106 of 188
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
raaj, I just realized I didn't get to checkout your car audio. One of these days we will have to meet so I can check out the vehicle tunes.

Mike, I myself wasn't too eager to demo the setup as it wasn't primed for the performance, especially immediately after people have just heard all the spectacular stuff at the meet..
tongue.gif
In it's state ATM, it's got the perfect form, but not the perfect functionality.

I am going to get the system tuned this weekend, as well as take a small problem looked at. Once I have it setup right, we can meet up.

Jun 9, 2005 at 3:16 AM Post #107 of 188
Ok here come the rest of my impressions.

SONY SCD-1. Wow, imo this has to be the best looking cd players excluding the Shanling CD-T300. Great sound. Excellent build quality.

Headroom microstack. Great sound quality out of mikes laptop. Unfortunately I could not get the microdac to work with my Archos AV320 at all.
confused.gif
I even took a quick trip up to ratshack to get an adapter and still couldn't get it to work. Maybe headroom has some ideas on this. My AV320 worked fine when hooked up to Gene's Grace m902.

Sennheiser Orpheus. I really liked these headphones. You can actually forget that your listening to a pair of headphones with these.

SONY R10. Wow this is what I was afraid of (falling in love with a piece of equipment I will never be able to afford). This is simply the most amazing headphone i've ever heard. Yes I even prefer it to the orpheus. While to me the orpheus sound like listening to a set of high end speakers. The R10 sounded closest to a live performance than anything I've heard with headphones. They have a soundstage to die for and have wonderfully balanced sound to them. Why sony can make this and then make (IMO of course) crap that is the qualia is beyond me.

Stax Omega II. Definately not my style. To me they sounded darker than my HD-650s with the stock cable.

Stax SR-404. Definately a awsome value. I prefered these to the omega. Seemed to have a brighter, more lively sound.

Grado RS1. Good but overpriced imo. The sound seemed to be only a minor improvement over my sr-225s. Definately not worth the difference.

I just want to thank mike again for putting this whole thing together. I also want to thank Os for having us over for two nights in a row. Man you really do have a great store. As others have said I really like how your not just selling audio gear but you seem to be so enthuisastic and have a real passion for it. I also want to thank guru and raaj. Both you guys are really fun to talk to and I enjoyed hanging out saturday night. Another thanks goes to John for purchasing my akgs.
biggrin.gif
I aslo want to thank Ray Samuels for saying all the kind words about my amp. You are great guy and I absolutely love the gear you make. Also yes the phonostage looks much better with the plexi top. Antoher thanks goes to nightwoundstime. I didn't think I would meet another rock fan at the meet.

Did I just sound like I was accepting an award? lol

Jun 9, 2005 at 3:20 AM Post #109 of 188
Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoZX
Hey where are the rest of the pics. I know it wasn't just me and Ray with a camera.
biggrin.gif

I am pretty sure there was at least one or two other camera's present. Bring on the rest of the pics.

Jun 9, 2005 at 3:24 AM Post #110 of 188
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
I am pretty sure there was at least one or two other camera's present. Bring on the rest of the pics.

I cant upload my pics until I turn on my laptop.

I cant turn on my laptop without being able to see the screen.

I cant see the screen...the lcd is...well i'll let stevio complete this
plainface.gif

I cant do anything until my CRT arrives from Erie (friday)

Life is beautiful
rolleyes.gif

gah!

Jun 9, 2005 at 3:29 AM Post #111 of 188
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
I cant upload my pics until I turn on my laptop.

I cant turn on my laptop without being able to see the screen.

I cant see the screen...the lcd is...well i'll let stevio complete this
plainface.gif

Oh I have to hear the story behind this.
biggrin.gif

Jun 9, 2005 at 3:34 AM Post #112 of 188
Quote:

Originally Posted by raaj
I'll defer to Wayne or Ray to comment on the photo but I can say this much.. you've got your priorities right bro !!

But you definitely missed out on two great days in audio heaven..

Hey Flecom.....
For a girl as sweet as that, I will deny my mother & forget her name too, who needs head-fi when you are with a sweet chick like that. Please tell me that she is 18 years or older. Forgive me if she is not. You did very well & you have the best reason in the world not to show up for the meet. If I were you I will spread the RED carpet under her feet. Man. your DA MAN.
Ray Samuels

Jun 9, 2005 at 4:06 AM Post #113 of 188
Guru - What's your opinon regarding how the sound of the following compare:
HD-90 Orpheus, versus HD650 running in balanced mode out of the Balanced Supra SDS XLR, versus the R10?

Hirsch - Are you planning (or is it possible/practical) to run your R10 in balanced mode out of your Supra SDS XLR?

Jun 9, 2005 at 4:11 AM Post #114 of 188
I can't stop thinking about how sweet was this Florida meet. Thanks to Mike for putting so much effort in planning it. Thank you for picking me up from the airport & taking me back, you have proven to me time and again that you are a true gentleman, thanks for the food & the cake which I am enjoying till today. Can't tell you enough how great it was to meet all the faces that I have seen before & the new ones. We really started mini meet earlier at our hotel rooms then we forget that the time is 3:00 AM. Very little time to sleep. This time I did get my eggs for breakfast & I behaved very well too as the youngest waitress was 75 years old. It just happen that that resturant was for old people or something like that. On Friday night I was very hungry as I had only black coffe in the morning & cook in the airplane, by 10:00PM I was really hungry & KFC was good enough for me as the rest of the head-fiers have had thier dinner, when we got to KFC they decided that they were closed before thier closing time, that was bad news for me, through thier drive way we had to by some taco bell thinks because they refused to sell us chicken. That was not good news either.
About the meet, the place looked very well with planty of space & tables with a lot of gear to listen too. What made the two night so special was going to OZ HI-END place, What a man & what a nice equipments, the listening room was top notch, the system was even better, the owner was the greatest host. I had one of best listening pleasure to vinyl at Oz's place & I can't thank him enough. Thanks to Mike for putting this trip together.
Gene, GSferrari, raaj, nightwoundtime, tyrion & the rest of headfiers at the meet, it was pleasure to spend that Saturday with you all, I really enjoyed your company & your gear.
Your friend...
Ray Samuels

Jun 9, 2005 at 4:11 AM Post #115 of 188
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one
Of course, the correct thing to do was to combine your audio passion with your other, shall we say basic, passion, and bring that young lady to the meet.

Bad idea! This is not your average, every day, opportunity for a man with fleas. Imagine the trouble that Ray and I would have given a beautiful young lady like that?

Jun 9, 2005 at 4:33 AM Post #116 of 188
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
Bad idea! This is not your average, every day, opportunity for a man with fleas. Imagine the trouble that Ray and I would have given a beautiful young lady like that?

What a first date that would have been.
biggrin.gif

Jun 9, 2005 at 5:29 AM Post #117 of 188
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels
Hey Flecom.....
For a girl as sweet as that, I will deny my mother & forget her name too, who needs head-fi when you are with a sweet chick like that. Please tell me that she is 18 years or older. Forgive me if she is not. You did very well & you have the best reason in the world not to show up for the meet. If I were you I will spread the RED carpet under her feet. Man. your DA MAN.
Ray Samuels

yes she is 18... i just turned 21 so its not a big deal there... but yes, 100% efforts going twoards that man, no doubt at all
biggrin.gif

not sure if anyone mentioned it but did you finally get your eggs?
cool.gif

Jun 9, 2005 at 5:35 AM Post #118 of 188
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus

lol! no, no fleas, but i would definately be worried about you guys
wink.gif

Jun 9, 2005 at 5:37 AM Post #119 of 188
Quote:

Originally Posted by flecom
not sure if anyone mentioned it but did you finally get your eggs?
cool.gif

Yes he did, but not his chicken lol.

Jun 9, 2005 at 5:37 AM Post #120 of 188
Quote:

Originally Posted by markmaxx
If you are going to post the picture, we also need impressions
biggrin.gif

even our infinite vocabulary for describing everything here to a minute detail cant describe her

Users who are viewing this thread

Back