South Florida Meet 6/10/06
May 22, 2006 at 11:48 PM Post #151 of 365
That Grommes headphone amp at the shop in Clearwater had a similar mode switch. Took it from I believe 2 watts to 7 on the speaker outs. Listening with RS-2 and 325i the triode operation was a little sweeter sounding, the highs were just amazing on that amp. I listened to it for about 15 minutes one day but sadly didn't have my own cd's, just in-store audiophile demo BS that would sound good even in my car.

May 23, 2006 at 12:06 AM Post #152 of 365
Great about the rooms Mike!

And Gene great suggestion about the quiet hour. At the last FL meet I attended (almost two years ago now, wow time flies...) I remember speaking quite a bit too much and feeling guilty about it
tongue.gif
A quiet hour is great, because I will completely shut up during that time, and then the rest of the time I will speak like crazy and won't feel a bit guilty about it
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
(j/k)

May 23, 2006 at 12:22 AM Post #153 of 365
Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWoundsTime
That Grommes headphone amp at the shop in Clearwater had a similar mode switch. Took it from I believe 2 watts to 7 on the speaker outs. Listening with RS-2 and 325i the triode operation was a little sweeter sounding, the highs were just amazing on that amp. I listened to it for about 15 minutes one day but sadly didn't have my own cd's, just in-store audiophile demo BS that would sound good even in my car.

The HA-1A goes from 1.1w to 2.2w.

May 23, 2006 at 3:21 PM Post #154 of 365
Cool, there is definitely some gear I want to check out that is coming. Very interested in Miguel's Grado's & amp and the Cayin that Mike has on loan. And of course the GS1k since it looks like we might well have 2-3?

Wayne, pretty please I need some PS-1 love
basshead.gif
Trust me, we're never going to get on your case about what you bring though! I'm glad I did get to see/hear the HEV90 though, gorgeous piece of kit.

May 23, 2006 at 8:44 PM Post #155 of 365
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icehawk
Cool, there is definitely some gear I want to check out that is coming. Very interested in Miguel's Grado's & amp and the Cayin that Mike has on loan. And of course the GS1k since it looks like we might well have 2-3?

Wayne, pretty please I need some PS-1 love
basshead.gif
Trust me, we're never going to get on your case about what you bring though! I'm glad I did get to see/hear the HEV90 though, gorgeous piece of kit.

Are you interested in going to the Bamboo Room with us for some live Blues on the night of the meet?

May 23, 2006 at 10:20 PM Post #156 of 365
Ouch you guys. Had a brain fart when the 10th came up. My Marine friend will be in town from the 4th through about the 18th but I'm headed to Bonnaroo the second weekend he'll be around. The weekend of our meet is my main chance to hang out and catch up. Haven't seen him since late 2004, as he did a year in Iraq. I'm not saying yet I can't come, I really really do want to. I've got to talk to him and see what kind of plans he has for that weekend before I decide.

May 23, 2006 at 10:58 PM Post #157 of 365
Quote:

Ouch you guys. Had a brain fart when the 10th came up. My Marine friend will be in town from the 4th through about the 18th but I'm headed to Bonnaroo the second weekend he'll be around. The weekend of our meet is my main chance to hang out and catch up. Haven't seen him since late 2004, as he did a year in Iraq. I'm not saying yet I can't come, I really really do want to. I've got to talk to him and see what kind of plans he has for that weekend before I decide.

We hope you make but certainly understand.

By the way to all those attending, read my sig, please.
biggrin.gif

May 23, 2006 at 11:03 PM Post #158 of 365
Quote:

Being a marine just tell him free beer! You wont be able to keep him out of the meet
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 23, 2006 at 11:24 PM Post #159 of 365
Heh. It's his only weekend with the family so no chance on him coming with me. I think I'll come and just try and spend as many nights down there as I can stand while working.

I'm also stressed because the Bonnaroo schedule just came out. It's evil I tell you, EVIL.

How's this for conflict? Between 5 and 7 P.M. on saturday I have: Beck, Les Claypool, Cypress Hill, and Blues Traveler (they're losing this one with I'd guess 99% of the crowd.) The final insult is at the same time there's still Medeski Martin & Wood, who I skipped seeing in St Pete a few days ago, because "I'll see them at Bonnaroo". Ugh.

Lewis Black's three shows also provide some large conflicts, notably with Elvis Costello & Sonic Youth. I'm going insane.

Ooh another good one on Sunday: Across the 5 main stages 3 - 5:30 PM we've got Bela Fleck, Matisyahu, The Streets, Stephen Malkmus (Pavement's lead singer), and Son Volt.

May 23, 2006 at 11:36 PM Post #160 of 365
Quote:

I'm also stressed because the Bonnaroo schedule just came out. It's evil I tell you, EVIL.

How's this for conflict? Between 5 and 7 P.M. on saturday I have: Beck, Les Claypool, Cypress Hill, and Blues Traveler (they're losing this one with I'd guess 99% of the crowd.) The final insult is at the same time there's still Medeski Martin & Wood, who I skipped seeing in St Pete a few days ago, because "I'll see them at Bonnaroo". Ugh.

Lewis Black's three shows also provide some large conflicts, notably with Elvis Costello & Sonic Youth. I'm going insane.

Ooh another good one on Sunday: Across the 5 main stages 3 - 5:30 PM we've got Bela Fleck, Matisyahu, The Streets, Stephen Malkmus (Pavement's lead singer), and Son Volt.

Festival conflicts are a bitch. I had a bunch this year at Langerado but no matter what you do, it will be good. I have to say the while I want to see Matisyahu, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones would be my choice despite just seeing them in NYC. Son Volt is a great alt country band. I saw them about bunch of years ago. MMW is hit or miss. When they are on, it's as good as it gets. I just missed them down here due to family in from out of town.

Did I mention, for all of you to read my sig?
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 24, 2006 at 12:42 AM Post #161 of 365
I'm just glad that Andrew Bird is early in the day, although he only has an hour
mad.gif
. Anyone who can write:

i know we're going to meet some day
in the crumbled financial institutions of this land
there will be tables and chairs
there'll be pony rides and dancing bears
there'll even be a band
cause listen, after the fall there will be no more countries
no currencies at all, we're gonna live on our wits
we're gonna throw away survival kits,
trade butterfly-knives for adderal
and that's not all
ooh-ooh, there will be snacks there will
there will be snacks, there will be snacks.

Is a must see.

May 24, 2006 at 12:47 AM Post #162 of 365
Saturday late night:

Dr. John / Rebirth Brass Band / Ivan Neville's Dumpstaphunk

That is some serious New Orleans Funk.

You have to catch Buddy Guy on Friday afternoon and Robert Randolph.

Soulive on Sunday early is another must see.

Phil Lesh and Friends Sunday night to close out the Fest. He has John Scofield playing with him.

May 24, 2006 at 12:54 AM Post #163 of 365
You know Dr John is doing the Night Tripper for the first time in a few decades? Oh yeah I'm there.

Buddy Guy and Robert Randolph lose to a bunch of other people. Just not enough time for the roots rock. I may give a quick stop to Buddy Guy. First nod goes to Oysterhead over RRFB. If they aren't rocking then it's on to something else.

Oooh Andrew Bird has a Sonic Stage appearance. Not entirely sure what that is, a lot of half hours over the course of the festival. Probably acoustic. A lot of other great artists have stops in there. So total I get 1.5 hours of Bird.

Also there is the Preservation Hall Jazz Band, New Orleans cats from way back and a few generations down the line still carrying that sound on. It's going all weekend so I'll spend some downtime chilling there.

May 24, 2006 at 12:59 AM Post #164 of 365
Quote:

You know Dr John is doing the Night Tripper for the first time in a few decades? Oh yeah I'm there.

Buddy Guy and Robert Randolph lose to a bunch of other people. Just not enough time for the roots rock.

I hate to disagree but Buddy Guy and Robert Randolph lost out to no one. They will rock that place like no other bands there. Guaranteed! You will regret it the rest of your days.
biggrin.gif

It's official, we will have the E500 at the meet!

[size=small]Here is the Saturday Night list:[/size]
tyrion
jp11801
mrarroyo
solbergg
agile_one
rsaavedra
Guss2
Xenia
NightWoundsTime

Let me know if I left anyone out. I would like to buy tickets tomorrow night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back