South Carolina (Charleston, Columbia)?
Mar 17, 2006 at 3:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

zancxia

100+ Head-Fier
I have searched, and I don't believe there has ever been a meet in South Carolina... at least, that is the impression I get when the only 3 results for "South Carolina" have topics for meets in Kansas City, NYC, and Raleigh, NC.
rolleyes.gif

I seem pretty isolated from most head-fi members, expect for a few that have gone to Clemson.

Just curious if there were any SC members representin'. If there are, maybe we can talk about meet possibilities?

Mar 18, 2006 at 9:36 PM Post #4 of 22
I just moved from DC to Charleston a couple of months ago. I'd be interested in attending a meet here or in Columbia.

Mar 18, 2006 at 9:46 PM Post #5 of 22
I don't know Columbia so well, so I'd prefer the lowcountry somewhere. That and.. *mumble* I don't know if my parents will let me borrow the car to drive to Columbia. *mumble*

Now you guys see why I only go home every 7 years??
wink.gif

Mar 19, 2006 at 8:04 PM Post #6 of 22
I agree. I am from Goose Creek myself, so I would prefer if we had a meet in Charleston if possible, especially if it happens during the summer. I just mentioned Columbia incase more people were from around there.

If we had the meet in June, I would more than likely own a bit more than I do now. I really only have the Beyers right now.

Mar 19, 2006 at 11:55 PM Post #7 of 22
I don't how useful I'd be, other than to just hang out and listen to gear anyone else has, coming from Finland, I won't be able to bring much. I'll have my ipod, and I'm still debating about chancing bringing the Hornet through airport security. I could probably find packing room for my Senns and hf-1's, and Akg's if they're needed. I hope to pick up the Total Bithead when I'm home though.

I used to live in Goose Creek when I was a kid, in St. James I, right off Foster Creek Rd. We moved to Summerville when I was in the 7th grade.

I'll be home from June 1st until the 19th. Actually it's the 31st until the 20th, I'll be in a plane on those days. I also need to take the DL test again.
eek.gif
When I moved here, they expired every 3 years. You can only get them renewed by mail if the eye doctor is certified to practice in SC. Obviously, none of those in Helsinki, Finland. But at least the newer ones expire every 10 years.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 20, 2006 at 5:24 AM Post #8 of 22
rolleyes.gif
If you are able to bring a small stash of items you own, it'll still be much more than I can offer.

Still, this would probably be more successful if more than 3 people were at this "meet."
biggrin.gif

It it is pretty cool that you have lived here. I think it is kind of odd how many people have heard of Goose Creek, much less have lived here too. Probably a military base coincidence.

I have never been outside of the US, and I've only been to less than 10 states, so my experience in this area is pretty limited. I hope you do well on the test though.
wink.gif

Mar 20, 2006 at 6:17 PM Post #9 of 22
I am from Augusta, GA so I could most likely make a Columbia meet. I got bit by the Head-Fi bug about a year ago and have recently started acquiring new toys (see sig). Have never been to a meet before, so I would definitely be interested. I'll stay tuned.

Mar 22, 2006 at 9:17 PM Post #10 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by zancxia
rolleyes.gif
If you are able to bring a small stash of items you own, it'll still be much more than I can offer.

Still, this would probably be more successful if more than 3 people were at this "meet."
biggrin.gif

It it is pretty cool that you have lived here. I think it is kind of odd how many people have heard of Goose Creek, much less have lived here too. Probably a military base coincidence.

I have never been outside of the US, and I've only been to less than 10 states, so my experience in this area is pretty limited. I hope you do well on the test though.
wink.gif

My first year here, I didn't have a coat that was thick enough, so I was forced to dig out my letter jacket. I was wearing it in central Helsinki, and some American guy behind me on the tram says "Summerville Greenwave Marching Band!" I mean, not only did he know about Summerville, but my old HS band... back in the time when it used to mean something to be in it.
wink.gif

On the one hand, it's the original music nerd's letter jacket - one for band and one for concert choir. But then again, that band letter was the hardest to earn in the entire school.

As for locations, I'm also not oppossed to Charlotte. I used to go to Winthrop, so obviously I know Charlotte pretty well.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 21, 2006 at 1:48 AM Post #11 of 22
...if anybody is still interested in meeting.

I live just outside of Charlotte and (I believe) Columbia is just a couple of hours away. Now that I have SIRIUS radio I don't mind driving (sometimes aimlessly).

Mar 29, 2013 at 1:49 AM Post #12 of 22
Not sure if any SC people ever met, but I'm in Columbia.    I sometimes don't mind a drive.   I'm definitely in for anything in Cola, Rock Hill, Sumter, Florence.  Maybe Charleston or Upstate.

Mar 29, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #15 of 22
Here's a link to the impressions thread for a North Carolina meet held in January. it was in Denver, about 25 minutes north of Charlotte.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/643439/denver-nc-meet-impressions-january-20-2013-aka-charlotte-area-meet

Some meets, especially larger ones, have vendors, the smaller ones not so much. There were none at the Denver meet though several requested to attend.
Space was limited and I wanted to keep it to Head-Fiers.

If someone wants to put together a SC meet I'd be happy to share my "put together a meet" knowledge. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back