Source upgrade
Jun 28, 2003 at 4:00 AM Post #106 of 113
I am having second thoughts again. I know, I can't make up my mind.
rolleyes.gif

I have just got an email from venus hi fi for the Jolida player. Anyone have both the Jolida and the shanling? How do they stack up against each other.

Jun 28, 2003 at 4:17 AM Post #107 of 113
Matthew,
If I were in your shoes I might go with the Jolida. I bet it would mate well with an SS amp. Ask Brian about the Jolida's QC track record--reseach the same at Audio Asylum. Verify that he will stand behind his product to your satisfaction before you buy. You shouldn't have to deal with the distributor in the first couple of months.

I guess you're not interested in Regas? There is still the Audio Note 2.1. Brian has it for a decent price, and I'll be getting one for a second system. To tell the truth, I've had two players die on me, so the last thing I want is a player made in China. As you can see, I'm paranoid.

Jun 30, 2003 at 5:34 PM Post #110 of 113
Matthew,

do yourself a favor, BUY a Jolida!!!!

I am just sooooooo satisfied with this CDP with upgraded tubes, it is unbelievable. I am now past the burn-in period, and am even more excited about the sound than before!

For sure, it may not be neutral, but who cares when it brings so much life to the recordings?!!?

With a good SS amp (I have a PreHead) and the HD600, that's it for me...

http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...threadid=37557

Arnaud.

Quote:

Originally posted by pigmode
Matthew,
If I were in your shoes I might go with the Jolida. I bet it would mate well with an SS amp. Ask Brian about the Jolida's QC track record--reseach the same at Audio Asylum. Verify that he will stand behind his product to your satisfaction before you buy. You shouldn't have to deal with the distributor in the first couple of months.

I guess you're not interested in Regas? There is still the Audio Note 2.1. Brian has it for a decent price, and I'll be getting one for a second system. To tell the truth, I've had two players die on me, so the last thing I want is a player made in China. As you can see, I'm paranoid.

Mar 26, 2006 at 4:48 PM Post #113 of 113
iPod Shuffle appreciation Thread

Just bought a Shuffle for $70. Just what I want. Even Like the earbuds. Went to the gym this morning, Shuffle was tucked inside my T-shirt, used the lanyard and earbuds. Way to go Apple.

I expect to be burned at the stake for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back