source is everything!
Jun 10, 2006 at 1:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

TempleOfEar

Banned
ok so i got my pint amp today and was sampling some regular mp3 songs on my ipod and was thinking 'whats the big deal here it just makes the music louder and thats it'. Then I uploaded some lossless files... then i played them... then i was blown away. And I am still being blown away. I'm typing this while I'm blown. I'm hooked!

Jun 10, 2006 at 3:09 AM Post #2 of 5
I understand exactly what you are saying; I was blown away when I got my first amp, not too long ago. It turns music from an entertaining, relatively passive experience into an active, engaging experience. Unfortunately, there is also a dark side: you start to find out that many recordings are crappy, and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.
Then there's the money pit problem.

Still, I would not return to a state of ignorance if I had the choice. There are still plenty of superb recordings to listen to, and It is just so much fun to let the music carry you away. Enjoy rediscovering your music collection!
580smile.gif

Jun 10, 2006 at 5:56 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by TempleOfEar
more like looking for higher quality files to replace 1950 songs of my collection to match the other 50

Ah yes, a week of ripping. Everything has its price.

Jun 10, 2006 at 7:32 AM Post #5 of 5
I know exactly what you're talking about. It wasn't so long ago that I made the transition from iPod/AAC to a real DAC and amp. It is amazing.

As for your collection... well, buy used CDs. I try to pick up a few a week and rip them. It's relatively painless and I've got about 1,200 lossless tracks ripped right now. It'll keep growing, especially after I get my hands on a good turntable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back