Soundwise
Jan 31, 2007 at 10:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

QueenJane

New Head-Fier
I bought some earphones from a UK company called Soundwise. They are very good quality earphones both in terms of build and sound. They seem to do earphones very similar in style to some big brands but at much lower prices.

I kind of have 2 questions.
1) Are they the same earphones with diffrent branding?
2) If they are the same earphone then how can they sell so cheap?

They seem to do the Same earphones as Ezears sx71 for half the price and Sennheiser CX 300 is about a third cheaper. They don't claim to be either brand it just from the photos and the description they are the same?

Feb 5, 2008 at 2:26 AM Post #2 of 5
Hi, this link should go some way to answering your questions;

Soundwise.co.uk -- High quality earphones

I bought a pair of TC20's and they included a free pair of earphones , so it's really good value (& sound quality) as you say.

(P.S. I don't work for Soundwise or anything! Maybe because they are based in Scotland I feel it's my patriotic duty to talk them up!)

Feb 5, 2008 at 2:52 AM Post #3 of 5
It seems Soundwise are selling OEM products from China.

Those that are branded as Soundwise are very likely rebranded OVC (as it seems Soundwise didn't bother to change the model name at all). Cresyn is a Korean company but they manufacture products in China nonetheless.

Dec 12, 2008 at 3:34 PM Post #4 of 5
I have now bought a couple of pairs of Cresyn from Soundwise in the UK. One pair was made in Korea and the other (very cheap pair) was made in Indonesia. Cresyn seem a fairly popular brand in Korea and also seem to make for some of the larger brands like Sony, AKG and Audio Technica.

I am not sure whats the problem with producing in China. Cresyn have a really sound environmental and ethical policy. Ok maybe labour in china is cheap but if Cresyn are producing the staff will be paid and treated better than most.

Dec 12, 2008 at 3:42 PM Post #5 of 5
I have now bought a couple of pairs of Cresyn from Soundwise in the UK. One pair was made in Korea and the other (very cheap pair) was made in Indonesia. Cresyn seem a fairly popular brand in Korea and also seem to make for some of the larger brands like Sony, AKG and Audio Technica.

I am not sure whats the problem with producing in China. Cresyn have a really sound environmental and ethical policy. Ok maybe labour in china is cheap but if Cresyn are producing the staff will be paid and treated better than most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back