soundmagic PL30 user manual
Mar 1, 2010 at 2:03 PM Post #2 of 11
Although I don't have the PL30, but I don't think I need any user manual if I am not having any problem with my phones particularly.

May I ask why you need the user manual?

Mar 1, 2010 at 4:06 PM Post #5 of 11
I searched head-fi.. but no hope..... can anyone who owns the PL30 please take a clear picture of the user manual and post it???
triportsad.gif

Mar 1, 2010 at 5:06 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Er, twist the knob on the end to change the bass. I think that's all there is to the PL30s.

Yup that's all there is...When the PL30's arrive they are set to clear bass..Just twist the bass knob to the dot that is closest to the wire strain relief and it is in deep bass..I just left mine the way they were when they arrived as I saw little or no difference really..

Mar 3, 2010 at 3:19 PM Post #9 of 11
My PL30 just came in this morning and I'm listening to them as I'm typing. I think the bass knob adjust is just a gimmick. The PL-30 has a greater sound stage and pronounce highs than the M9 with less bass.

Oct 27, 2010 at 4:56 PM Post #10 of 11
if you need a manual for this, then you must be a tad-bit over cautious, i'd say.

the knob is set from end to end, and if you havent touched it at all since you bought it, its set at FLAT. moving it to the other end gives you the bass boost.

that wasnt so hard, was it?
wink.gif

Mar 29, 2012 at 9:12 PM Post #11 of 11
My PL-30 didn't come with a manual (I got the cheapest bundle without the round case and the cable manager). I also had this question since I moved it from its original position and wanted to use it without the bass mod.
After many tries I discovered that the setting furthest to the wire strain relief is more mid-centric, while the closest point to the wire strain relief adds a slight deep cave-like reverb in the bass that makes it sound slightly different, more bass oriented. This is not easily noticeable, I think after a 60hr burning-in the difference will be more evident (I still have more than 2 days to go).
I prefer it on normal mid-centric setting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back