Soundmagic PL-50 or Fischer Eterna
Feb 19, 2011 at 8:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

aurnob88

100+ Head-Fier
I currently own a Vsonic R02 and I enjoy the mid centric sound they produced, with otherwise balanced and soft bass production although the treble is pretty lacking.

I was wondering which headphone would be more to my taste, as I want a more balanced sound with decent body and a good soundstage.

Feb 19, 2011 at 9:00 PM Post #2 of 32

Quote:
I currently own a Vsonic R02 and I enjoy the mid centric sound they produced, with otherwise balanced and soft bass production although the treble is pretty lacking.

I was wondering which headphone would be more to my taste, as I want a more balanced sound with decent body and a good soundstage.

From those two models Soundmagic PL-50 offcourse. Eterna is the fun sound, powerfull not any mid centric, balanced os soft bass at all. So PL50 are way more on your tastes but you can actually see ljokerl's topic of iem reviews for yourself thw sound they seem to have but seems like you'll like them. You can allways look to another offers there too.

Feb 19, 2011 at 9:32 PM Post #3 of 32
If it is not a mid focus sound you are looking for but more of a balanced (a la good bass and treble), then I'll recommend you have a look at ECCI PR401.

Feb 19, 2011 at 11:04 PM Post #4 of 32
clieos, did u find the vsonic ro2pro2's had a good soundstage or a very intimate soundstage.

when i listen to my r02's, i can't discern if the soundstage is intimate or what.

on one hand ,the vocals (and overall mids) sound very strong and close to my hears, as if the singer is screaming in my ear (aka whitney houston), whereas the rest of the sound spectrum (lows, highs) sound fairly well spread out in the horizontal sound scape.

Feb 19, 2011 at 11:31 PM Post #5 of 32
I call it an enveloping soundstage. It portraits the sound as if you are in a room where you get a feeling of limitation of space when the sound spread out to a point. Truly great soundstage usually portraits it more like a big theater, with ample space for sound to spread out.

Feb 19, 2011 at 11:34 PM Post #6 of 32

Quote:
I call it an enveloping soundstage. It portraits the sound as if you are in a room where you get a feeling of limitation of space when the sound spread out to a point. Truly great soundstage usually portraits it more like a big theater, with ample space for sound to spread out.

the sound which i just described?

Feb 20, 2011 at 3:07 AM Post #7 of 32
clieos, since i like the vsonic r02, do u reckon i'll like the eterna's.

keep in mind the r02's are my first decent iems, after a load of crap ones i've used.

are the eterna's considerable as an upgrade to the r02's sound. also, are the eterna's easy to fit in and take out, for ease of use

Feb 20, 2011 at 6:34 AM Post #8 of 32
Depends on what you are looking for. Eterna might not be a direct upgrade as the sound signature is a little different form R02.I would consider Silver Bullet to be more in line of a R02 upgrade.

Feb 20, 2011 at 7:45 AM Post #9 of 32
Thanks for the reply.

Thats interesting, so does the Silver Bullet have a upfront vocal presentation.

I also found the treble in the R02's lacking, as the mids were very strong.

Also, comfort is a big factor, so are the Silver Bullets comfortable, and easy to insert in and out (get a good fit without fiddling)

Feb 20, 2011 at 8:10 AM Post #10 of 32
With Silver Bullet, mid is not as upfront as in the R02, but not too fart away either. I was thinking in the line of R02 with a better soundstage, kind of a better balanced R02, which is why Silver Bullet comes to my mind. If your first priority is getting a thicker mid, than Eterna v1 will be fine. It definitely has a thicker, sweeter vocal compared to R02, though the soundstage is even more enveloping. Both SIlver Bullet and Eterna are a good fit to me.

Feb 20, 2011 at 8:24 AM Post #11 of 32
i found the vocals in the ro2's quite powerful and even sometimes to much with powerful female vocals, where the vocals would overtake everything.

also, i found that u said the eterna's were basshead iems. how is the bass quantity comapared to the r02's

Feb 20, 2011 at 9:11 AM Post #12 of 32
Quantity wise, Eterna is more definitely more than R02. It isn't as much a low impacting deep bass, but more of a boom bass.

Feb 20, 2011 at 9:21 AM Post #13 of 32
also i found that the r02's were very relaxing iems, as in i could rest or sleep with them in my ears while playin music with no fatigue.

as u say the eterna's are very engaging, which one would also suit that kind of usage (out of silver bullet and eterna). 

also, is the pl-50 completely unsuitable

Feb 20, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #14 of 32

Quote:
Quantity wise, Eterna is more definitely more than R02. It isn't as much a low impacting deep bass, but more of a boom bass.

also, wat do you think of the sw-xcape

Feb 21, 2011 at 12:45 AM Post #15 of 32
Many of the IEM you asked is an upgrade of R02 in one way of another. Eterna is more fun, engaging sounding. Silver Bullet gives a more immersive soundstage. PL50 has a cleaner, more layer image. Xcape is a more neutral choice. But for a similar mid presentation with better treble, bass and soundstage, I think Brainwaz M2 is probably the one. You don't get a huge jump in one particular area, but small improvement in all areas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back