SoundMagic HP100 Replacement
Jan 6, 2017 at 12:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

HurricaneBob

New Head-Fier
I've had my HP100's for about 4 years now and the sound is starting to fade in and out. I've loved them since I got them, but I think it's time for some new ones.

I don't travel with them often, and I mainly use them at my desk at work with a Fiio E09k amp and Fiio E17 DAC. The music I listen to is all over the place.

I was thinking of staying around $300 and was considering the following after reading some suggestions on here:

Sony Stereo Headphones 1R MDR-1R (or the A model)
AKG Q701
Master & Dynamic MH30
AKG K553 PRO
V-MODA Crossfade M-100

Any help/advice is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Jan 6, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #2 of 4
  I've had my HP100's for about 4 years now and the sound is starting to fade in and out. I've loved them since I got them, but I think it's time for some new ones.

I don't travel with them often, and I mainly use them at my desk at work with a Fiio E09k amp and Fiio E17 DAC. The music I listen to is all over the place.

I was thinking of staying around $300 and was considering the following after reading some suggestions on here:

Sony Stereo Headphones 1R MDR-1R (or the A model)
AKG Q701
Master & Dynamic MH30
AKG K553 PRO
V-MODA Crossfade M-100

Any help/advice is much appreciated.

Thanks!

You've got open and closed on your list. Does that mean you would consider other open cans? If so, I think you should look at an HD600 or an HE400S. Of the closed ones you list, I would prefer the K553 Pro. 

Jan 6, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #3 of 4
You've got open and closed on your list. Does that mean you would consider other open cans? If so, I think you should look at an HD600 or an HE400S. Of the closed ones you list, I would prefer the K553 Pro. 

Thanks! I sit in an office by myself, so I would definitely consider other open cans as well. I'll check those two out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back