SoundMagic/Focalprice Shipping, who's had problems?
Dec 12, 2008 at 9:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

greenzee

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys.

I bought a set of PL-30's from Focalprice.com on 10/07, and had them in my hands by 10/27. Liked them so much I bought another set on 10/27, and as of today 12/12, nothing. Same shipping address, everything identical. Emailed Focalprice.com, here's the response:

We will adding a tracking number for free if the total price is more than 20USD.

And if the total price is less than 20USD,and you wanna tracking number,you have to pay the extra money.

Would you like to pay 2USD for register airmail,and let us send you new again with tracking number ?

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Any questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Sincerely
Michelle

Seems a bit ridiculous. I won't cry too hard over a $20 loss, but this is less-than-stellar customer service. Wondering if any of you have similar experiences?

I'll look forward to your replies.

JB

Dec 12, 2008 at 10:12 PM Post #2 of 6
I don't know what's up with focalprice, but they recently (9 December) added PL-30 as a new product. Very strange.
confused_face.gif

Dec 13, 2008 at 12:53 AM Post #3 of 6
It takes Focalprice a full month to ship my PL-30 to me. They don't update their stock availability and shipping info on their site which is a bit frustrating at time since you don't really know whether they didn't ship to you because of out-of-stock issue nor will you know when they will be in stock.

Jan 14, 2009 at 3:45 PM Post #6 of 6
Just a quick update on this, my original second order never did show. However, I was told by Folcaprice if I paid an additional $2.00 for tracking (only the $2.00, not price of phones + $2.00) they would re-send a pair.

I did so, and received the replacement pair in about 5 days.

Moral of the story, it may pay to spend the $2.00 for tracking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back