SoundMagic E50 & E80 - Story of Two Magicians - A Review...
Jul 27, 2016 at 4:34 AM Post #91 of 99
Hello all,

I'm planing to buy E80 but i'm not sure about my Note 5, E80 is 64ohm that's why maybe Note 5 cannot drive it for that point what your ideas ?

Right now i'm using sennheiser CX 300-II precision if we compair how it will E80 ? Loud sound is too important for me :)

Thanks for all answers

Jul 27, 2016 at 7:23 AM Post #92 of 99
Hello all,

I'm planing to buy E80 but i'm not sure about my Note 5, E80 is 64ohm that's why maybe Note 5 cannot drive it for that point what your ideas ?

Right now i'm using sennheiser CX 300-II precision if we compair how it will E80 ? Loud sound is too important for me :)

Thanks for all answers
Looking at the S7 (so, okay, not exactly the same, but - similar enough to be comparable), although I do not know your reference point of 'loud', it is what I would term as a 'comfortable' volume at max with the E80, certainly not like being in a rock concert :wink:

The G5 by comparison is a lot quieter with the E80 - until the B&O module is added - this goes a LOT louder than the S7...

Hopefully someone will come back with a specific response re the Note5, but - I hope this works as a go-between.

Dec 13, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #94 of 99
I just lost my Soundmagic E80 on the train and am looking to possibly upgrade, if I can find something that preserves the sound signature and strengths of the E80, while possibly improving on it on a technical level. I intend to use these as in-ear monitors for live performances, and for general listening.

Things that are important:

1. A neutral, accurate sound signature without lacking presence in any area of the spectrum.
2. A realistic weight and body to the low-end, without being bass-heavy or skewed towards the low-end.
3. A high level of transparency, detail and resolution. Basically, as close to studio monitor performance as achievable in this price range.
4. Durable, since I'll be using these on stage multiple times a week, where wires are often snagged and tugged mid-performance, and IEMs can't exactly be babied.

I have a budget of about $100 - 150 for this, and while I'm more or less satisfied with the E80, an upgrade would be nice, in overall sound quality as well as build (detachable cables, perhaps?).

Any contenders?

Dec 16, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #95 of 99
I just lost my Soundmagic E80 on the train and am looking to possibly upgrade, if I can find something that preserves the sound signature and strengths of the E80, while possibly improving on it on a technical level. I intend to use these as in-ear monitors for live performances, and for general listening.

Things that are important:

1. A neutral, accurate sound signature without lacking presence in any area of the spectrum.
2. A realistic weight and body to the low-end, without being bass-heavy or skewed towards the low-end.
3. A high level of transparency, detail and resolution. Basically, as close to studio monitor performance as achievable in this price range.
4. Durable, since I'll be using these on stage multiple times a week, where wires are often snagged and tugged mid-performance, and IEMs can't exactly be babied.

I have a budget of about $100 - 150 for this, and while I'm more or less satisfied with the E80, an upgrade would be nice, in overall sound quality as well as build (detachable cables, perhaps?).

Any contenders?

difficult to say. the E80 is quite special and already compete with $100 sets. there're a few that can be considered as an upgrade but not with better build quality and detachable cables 

Dec 17, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #97 of 99
What would those be? I'd consider the E80 build quality to already be very good, so that shouldn't be a big deal.

i meant the build quality on the SM is even better than the pricier ones.
anyway, the VE Duke could be a true upgrade, BUT you MUST give it the proper source.

Dec 17, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #98 of 99
Blue Ever Blue Model 1200EX is also a good option but doesn't have detachable cables.

To be completely honest if you could stretch to $180 you could probably get a LZ-A4 and never look back :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back