SOUNDMAGIC E10
Sep 28, 2011 at 7:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

j-55

New Head-Fier
hi all, 

first post so apologies if this is in the incorrect sub-forum.....

recently purchased some SOUNDMAGIC E10's, did a few hours of burning in, around 15 hours or so.

on my first listen i agree with all reviews the sound is very clean and smooth but i felt the phones were lacking in bass.
so i spent a few days going through all the supplied buds to find that the smallest ones get the best bass but are too small to isolate the sound and even then the bass was a lot less prominent then i had hoped. 

my previous phones, UE Metro.Fi 220, have a very very good amount of bass, but were somewhat lacking in mids and highs hence the move for the E10's.

my questions are:
has anyone used the two?  if so, how would you guage the bass response between them?
the supplier has given me an RMA because they feel the phones may be faulty, how likely would this be?  the bass response is the only issue i can find...
would extended burning in improve bass levels?   i must admit i don't recall the UE phones being as bassy as they are now when new, but they are about 2 years old and used everyday.

i like hearing/feeling bass while listening at a low volume while using trains/tubes/ walking and was surprised at how different the two are

any responses will be most appreciated.
jas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back