SounDevil - modern Windows music player
Jun 21, 2022 at 5:39 AM Post #32 of 69
I have one last question, please. It is irrelevant. What kind of music are you listening to?

Thank you.

básicamente jazz. También algo de pop y rock. un poco de clasico
And what kind of music are you listening to and with what program.
What do you think about SoundDevil and the programs that I have mentioned?

Jun 21, 2022 at 6:34 AM Post #33 of 69
Hi Luis, I'm fine, thank you.
SounDevil1.6.0.5 fixed this problem, it can work without the system default output device, it is uploaded.
I can't see any icons in your screenshot. What happened?
Error occurred while getting default endpoint
Cause: the endpoint was not found
Solution: check the endpoint
Details: IMMDeviceEnumerator::GetDefaultAudioEndpoint failed with -2147023728
Technical information
Version: 1.6.0.5
Component: output_wasapi
Function: surreal::audio::wasapi_endpoint_manager::get_default_endpoint
Source file: wasapi_endpoint_manager.cpp Line: 79

Jun 21, 2022 at 7:15 AM Post #34 of 69
Hi Luis, I'm fine, thank you.
SounDevil1.6.0.5 fixed this problem, it can work without the system default output device, it is uploaded.
I can't see any icons in your screenshot. What happened?
Hi Joe, not work in DSD format:
Error occurred while preparing to play
Cause: source data error
Solution: check whether the file is wrong by verifying the file hash or playing with other software, if the data is OK, tell us
Details: avformat_open_input failed with -1094995529 : Invalid data found when processing input
Technical information
Component: input_lav
Function: surreal::audio::input_lav::xf_eek:pen
Source file: input_lav.cpp Line: 99

Jun 21, 2022 at 10:31 AM Post #35 of 69
Hi Joe, not work in DSD format:
Error occurred while preparing to play
Cause: source data error
Solution: check whether the file is wrong by verifying the file hash or playing with other software, if the data is OK, tell us
Details: avformat_open_input failed with -1094995529 : Invalid data found when processing input
Technical information
Component: input_lav
Function: surreal::audio::input_lav::xf_eek:pen
Source file: input_lav.cpp Line: 99
DSD is not handled by input_lav. Is the file extension iso? Can you send it to me?

Jun 21, 2022 at 11:43 AM Post #36 of 69
@Joe Mak , silly question maybe, I know, but... can I listen to YouTube or even Amazon Music from your player?

Jun 22, 2022 at 3:22 AM Post #40 of 69
It is not convenient for me to visit these websites because of the national conditions. Have you ever tried a specific URL?
Do you mean, you cannot watch YouTube videos? Wow! Okay, so for example this is a link:

It is a YouTube music video. I have no idea if this can even work, so I am just asking. I've tried to put the above URL in the Radio stations but it doesn't work

Jun 22, 2022 at 4:00 AM Post #41 of 69
Do you mean, you cannot watch YouTube videos? Wow! Okay, so for example this is a link:

It is a YouTube music video. I have no idea if this can even work, so I am just asking. I've tried to put the above URL in the Radio stations but it doesn't work

Bingo.
Maybe you need a video player that supports streaming media.

Jun 22, 2022 at 8:13 AM Post #42 of 69
Bingo.
Maybe you need a video player that supports streaming media.
Thanks, I was suspecting this, thought to ask, just in case

Jun 22, 2022 at 11:50 AM Post #44 of 69
SounDevil 1.6.0.6 uploaded.
Fixed a serious problem: ASIO+DSD direct mode, all channels are the first channel's data.
Thanks a lot for the latest version! Please, consider adding the latest version number on the first post, as well. :)

Jun 22, 2022 at 12:05 PM Post #45 of 69
And what kind of music are you listening to and with what program.
What do you think about SoundDevil and the programs that I have mentioned?
Hi, I am listening to all kinds of music, but mostly Electronica these days. I have not setup my desktop solution, yet, because I have a laptop for the time being. I am planning to buy a good desktop towards the end of this year. Currently, I am listening through my Android phone, the POCO F2 Pro, using my 2 pairs of FiiO UTWS5. One with a 7Hz Timeless and the other with my RAPTGO HOOK-X. I am listening to Amazon Music Unlimited but also YouTube, because the DJ sets I love can be found only there, as far as I know. Until a few days ago, I had a Qobuz subscription, as well, but cancelled it due to the horrible Search and Discovery function of that streaming service. At least Amazon knows me better.

I have not made any critical listening between SounDevil and Foobar2000, my other Windows player, yet. I am still learning SounDevil, I still have not tried out almost any of its functionalities. Regarding the other programs you've mentioned, TuneBrowser and HYSOLID, it is the first time I've heard of them, I have not tried them, yet.

In general, all these are desktop solutions, and my lifestyle and obligations do not permit me to sit down and listen to Music. This is why I am always wearing my UTWS5s, and I am using my Qudelix 5K sometimes, as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back