SOUNDAWARE M1(PRO) Portable Player with Proprietary FPGA Architecture
May 16, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #196 of 1,094
hey, hey come down it's just a pic from the internet 
frown.gif

May 16, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #198 of 1,094
  hey, hey come down it's just a pic from the internet 
frown.gif

sorry, i thought it was your own photo.  i think a lot of people here are really interested in learning more about the esther and the qp1 and 1r.  

there's a burgeoning market in $500-1000 daps - add in cayin, sony, the lower end of the ak line, likely the forthcoming fiio x7, and heaven knows maybe ibasso is cooking something up.  [the x5ii apparently will be priced like its predecessor, and so be below this range.]

above $2000 we have lotoo and ak240, 380 and god knows what next.

and it looks like the hm-901s at $1500 will be sitting alone between roughly $1000 and $2000.

people who might be looking to upgrade from their x5's and dx90's but are budget constrained will look hard at that $500-1000 market, and are eager for information. 

May 16, 2015 at 5:10 PM Post #200 of 1,094
 Guys it's totally fine!!!
wink_face.gif

May 17, 2015 at 9:16 PM Post #202 of 1,094
If someone can make a slick looking dap at $300 with the right sound, power, storage, UI, and battery it won't be a niche market anymore.

I really respect the brilliance of these attempts and I can only assume how good they sound. Somehow I've managed to not buy any more daps than my trusty ipod.

Just doesn't feel right yet. Same goes for this one. (Useless post alert).

However, I am very excited to see how this one unfolds and wish them the best.

May 21, 2015 at 10:08 AM Post #204 of 1,094
  I'm saving up for FLC8 and a nice DAP.....let's see.
bigsmile_face.gif

the flc8 sounds great, and the ability to adjust signature is amazing.  recommend you get comply 400-series tips if you want any isolation at all.

May 22, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #205 of 1,094
Using professional high-fidelity audio architecture, she has the low-distortion desktop high power T-AMP circuit. In the normal hearing period,the amplifier driving power and the control effect of Esther are similar with desktops. Ultra low THD+N is her another outstanding feature. For the appearance, she has excellent hand feeling. We design two different sound edition for user's option.

May 22, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #207 of 1,094
  Is that the new Fiio X7??
eek.gif
Looks great!

You are joking, I take it?

Thanks for the pics of the Soundaware Esther, Vartan.

Hope you don't mind, but I've taken the liberty of quickly editing them a bit, just to obscure the confusing Fiio signs
regular_smile .gif
:

(also re-adding the following 2 pics, without editing, because Vartan deleted them from his/her post)

It is confusing that they were taken directly in front of a Fiio sign, but it's nice to see the DAP more clearly, anyway, so thanks for posting the pics.

Actually, it's ironic that Soundaware have made exactly the same silly mistake of placing the power button directly adjacent to the volume buttons, as Fiio have with the X5ii. The only small consolation is that at least the Esthers power and volume buttons are different shapes/sizes, whereas the Fiio X5ii power and volume buttons are absolutely identical shapes/sizes.

Incredible how these DAP companies can spend thousands of dollars and thousands of man-hours designing and developing intricate electronic circuits, and then make such obvious and silly ergonomic mistakes with something as simple and basic as button placement.

I'm still keen to hear this DAP, at some point, however.

Jun 2, 2015 at 10:26 PM Post #209 of 1,094
On 31th May, we held a audition event in Beijing. The participants are very active.
L3000.gif

Many audiophile and muisic connoisseur who are curious about difference between different versions of Esther are there. 

Soundaware Stay updated on Soundaware at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Soundaware-Audio-CoLtd-140035019979865/ https://www.us.soundaware.net/ Soundaware Official market@soundaware.net
Jun 3, 2015 at 8:43 AM Post #210 of 1,094
If someone can make a slick looking dap at $300 with the right sound, power, storage, UI, and battery it won't be a niche market anymore.

I don't know what right means but if you mean "above standard" then price will be above standard, too (above 300$ that seems average in today standards)
If you have a major advantage over your competitors (above standard on every criteria is one, I think), you owe to take optimum margin for your company. Sure, a lower price would help taking market shares but competitors will soon or later mimic your advantage. A higher margin will help you develop more advantages (real or percieved) and keep running ahead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back