Sound weaker on the left side? Sony MDR-V6
Dec 14, 2013 at 7:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

WunDaii

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I received my Sony MDR-V6s from Amazon via a seller (that was fulfilled by Amazon).  I checked out the headphones and they seemed to meet all the requirements for being the real deal.

But I've noticed that the right side sounds much stronger.  I haven't balanced it manually and I've shown multiple people, and they too notice that it's weaker on the left side.

Is this usual for these headphones?  Is there any way to fix it without returning?

Thanks for any help, it's much appreciated!  
regular_smile .gif

Dec 15, 2013 at 7:30 AM Post #2 of 4
As you have tested it with other people you have successfully taken your ears out of the equation. You would be surprised what affects your hearing sometimes. I was once convinced my headphone was weaker on the right. A week later (and having cured out a small cold I didn't even realised I had) the sound was balanced again. However no persons hearing is perfectly balanced, there are some frequencies you might hear louder on one side.

Anyhow, if you reverse the headphone and the effect wanders with your phone, did you check multiple sources?

If yes, return them asap. :wink:

Dec 15, 2013 at 3:30 PM Post #3 of 4
As you have tested it with other people you have successfully taken your ears out of the equation. You would be surprised what affects your hearing sometimes. I was once convinced my headphone was weaker on the right. A week later (and having cured out a small cold I didn't even realised I had) the sound was balanced again. However no persons hearing is perfectly balanced, there are some frequencies you might hear louder on one side.

Anyhow, if you reverse the headphone and the effect wanders with your phone, did you check multiple sources?

If yes, return them asap. :wink:

Thanks a lot for your help! Yep, multiple sources checked and I've swapped the headphones around. :)

Jul 21, 2014 at 2:36 AM Post #4 of 4
Did you ever find out what was the problem or find a solution? I bought my v6's a few months ago and have had the same problem ever since. I was suspicious that it might be a counterfeit but I ended up being too lazy to do anything about it. Other people have also noticed a slight difference in the left can being weaker, and it does indeed follow if you reverse them on your head.

It's starting to drive me crazy...

*edit: I should add that sound coming straight out of my laptop or through speakers seem balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back