Sound Science Music Thread: Pass it on!
Sep 1, 2018 at 12:54 AM Post #181 of 609

Sep 1, 2018 at 5:17 AM Post #182 of 609

They ruined Black Sabbath. Still look at the band, such losers; every one of them. They can’t own enough talent to come up with something original, so they take something perfect and degrade it. Did the leader get his sunglassss at the dollar store?

They don’t even comprehend Black Sabbath, because if they did, they wouldn’t do this style of music. So sad.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2018 at 10:28 AM Post #183 of 609
They ruined Black Sabbath. Still look at the band, such losers; every one of them. They can’t own enough talent to come up with something original, so they take something perfect and degrade it. Did the leader get his sunglassss at the dollar store?

They don’t even comprehend Black Sabbath, because if they did, they wouldn’t do this style of music. So sad.

Uh, I don't know if anyone told you, but your small mind is showing...how embarrassing for you.

Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #184 of 609
For Cruelhand Luke:

Sep 1, 2018 at 5:07 PM Post #185 of 609
I just want to say I think it's totally uncool to go busting on other people's musical tastes. If people keep that up it will ruin this thread. And aside from musicians who really haven't worked up to professional skill level or don't have a professional level of talent (and yes, there's an area of grey in there), there is almost always at least something to any kind of music, whether you as an individual tend to like it or not.

Although while I was reading the "How do I convince people audio cables do Not make a difference" thread, I could not help but think of this song:

And here is my favorite recorded jazz version of the same song. But please note it was actually recorded in 1977. When I first heard this in 1977 as a teenager it hit me like a ton of bricks, and it's still one of my very favorite recorded songs of all time. To paraphrase Louis Armstrong, if you have to ask why, there's no use trying to explain it to you.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #186 of 609

And my favorite jazz version (and also one of my very favorite recorded songs of all time)(I supposed I have lots of those):

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2018 at 5:47 PM Post #187 of 609
For Cruelhand Luke:

I think it's hilarious that someone would get so butthurt about their sacrosanct Black Sabbath being defiled... if you watch the clip they clearly DO understand the music, and they are talented musicians, and covering/reinterpreting other artists songs isn't necessarily indicative of a lack of imagination or skill....and as far as attacking someone for their the sunglasses??.... that's just silly
I mean, I could have just as easily gone with the Dread, right?

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #188 of 609

And my favorite jazz version (and also one of my very favorite recorded songs of all time)(I supposed I have lots of those):

why do you keep posting artists that ..." can’t own enough talent to come up with something original, so they take something perfect and degrade it" ??
I mean, according to @Redcarmoose there is only ONE allowable version of any particular song and any artist that attempts to cover it and make it fresh and original is just a loser...

Sep 1, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #189 of 609
why do you keep posting artists that ..." can’t own enough talent to come up with something original, so they take something perfect and degrade it" ??
I mean, according to @Redcarmoose there is only ONE allowable version of any particular song and any artist that attempts to cover it and make it fresh and original is just a loser...

Pick one: :L3000:

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2018 at 8:12 PM Post #190 of 609
I don’t mind Sabbath covers. but for some reason, I get really angry at their take? Lol

Seriously, I don’t know why, except there is very little metal guitar. The beat is not metal. I guess I hold Sabbath too close to heart.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #191 of 609
I don’t mind Sabbath covers. but for some reason, I get really angry at their take? Lol

Seriously, I don’t know why, except there is very little metal guitar. The beat is not metal. I guess I hold Sabbath too close to heart.
Well, Imagine that. You actually had something thoughtful you could have said? Cool.

Sep 1, 2018 at 10:15 PM Post #192 of 609
Here is the BEST Black Sabbath tribute band!

Sep 1, 2018 at 10:18 PM Post #193 of 609

Sep 1, 2018 at 10:19 PM Post #194 of 609

There's more in heaven and earth than Redcarmoose has dreamed of in his philosophy

Sep 1, 2018 at 10:25 PM Post #195 of 609

Users who are viewing this thread

Back