Sound Rhyme impression thread
Dec 11, 2023 at 6:15 PM Post #2,222 of 2,519
Might be a bit behind the times, and i dont have as much money to spend but i just got the SR5, coming from the Blessing 2, i cant describe how rich and lushious they sound, might be somewhat colored but they just feel full and have amazing note weight.
The SR5 is my gaming In Ear and it is so much fun.

Dec 11, 2023 at 7:16 PM Post #2,223 of 2,519
I’ve had some time to tip roll and really listen to a wide variety of music. These are pretty much exactly what I’ve been looking for. The bass is dynamic and slams hard, so much quality and detail. Not on the quantity level of FatFreq’s but the quality is so nice. The mid bass slams and is tight and clean. The vocals are so clean and clear and smooth, with a nice big soundstage. I don’t find them shouty or overdone at all. The treble is crisp and detailed with no hint of sibilance.

These are more my style than the SR8’s which I also loved for their special sauce. The vocals in the DTE900 aren’t quite as buttery and layered as the SR8. But the biggest difference vs the SR8 is the DD. I like the DD texture and presence. It’s like you can almost feel it.

I’ve been comparing the DTE900 to the Fir Frontier lineup and honestly, I prefer the DTE900 over all of them except the RN6. Compared to the NE4, XE6, KR5, the dte900 is smoother and cleaner. Obviously, there are other differences in tuning but I’d take the dte900 for the price over any of them. The DTE900 can’t match the RN6 though, but when A/B’ing them there’s some similarity in the presentation. RN6 has even more bass tactility and presence, slightly better vocals, and similar soundstage, but at a huge increase in price.

Yeah I’m pretty happy with them!

1702340070938.png

1702340102348.png

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2023 at 7:26 PM Post #2,224 of 2,519
From the DTE900 graph and the impressions of some users it seems that DTE900 has quite prominent upper mids, what do you think about it?

Does it cause fatigue while listening? It's really an area that I don't like to be overly emphasized.

Has anyone been able to compare them with MMK3?

Thanks! :)

Dec 11, 2023 at 11:21 PM Post #2,225 of 2,519
I’ve had some time to tip roll and really listen to a wide variety of music. These are pretty much exactly what I’ve been looking for. The bass is dynamic and slams hard, so much quality and detail. Not on the quantity level of FatFreq’s but the quality is so nice. The mid bass slams and is tight and clean. The vocals are so clean and clear and smooth, with a nice big soundstage. I don’t find them shouty or overdone at all. The treble is crisp and detailed with no hint of sibilance.

These are more my style than the SR8’s which I also loved for their special sauce. The vocals in the DTE900 aren’t quite as buttery and layered as the SR8. But the biggest difference vs the SR8 is the DD. I like the DD texture and presence. It’s like you can almost feel it.

I’ve been comparing the DTE900 to the Fir Frontier lineup and honestly, I prefer the DTE900 over all of them except the RN6. Compared to the NE4, XE6, KR5, the dte900 is smoother and cleaner. Obviously, there are other differences in tuning but I’d take the dte900 for the price over any of them. The DTE900 can’t match the RN6 though, but when A/B’ing them there’s some similarity in the presentation. RN6 has even more bass tactility and presence, slightly better vocals, and similar soundstage, but at a huge increase in price.

1702340070938.png
1702340102348.png
My honeymoon phase didn't quit still going strong so many month later

Dec 11, 2023 at 11:39 PM Post #2,226 of 2,519
I'm going to choose between the 7th Supernova and SR8. My playlists mainly consist of pop, rock, and orchestral music. It seems like SR8 is the better choice, but since my local shop didn't have both for me to audition, which one has a better mid-range? (not shouty, no sibilance, vocals not too forward). As for image separation and stage, it seems like SR8 has won in that aspect ?

Dec 12, 2023 at 3:05 AM Post #2,227 of 2,519
I'm going to choose between the 7th Supernova and SR8. My playlists mainly consist of pop, rock, and orchestral music. It seems like SR8 is the better choice, but since my local shop didn't have both for me to audition, which one has a better mid-range? (not shouty, no sibilance, vocals not too forward). As for image separation and stage, it seems like SR8 has won in that aspect ?
Can not talk about SR8, but Supernova is one of the better all BA sets. Rich and warm midrange with an overall relaxed and airy tuning.
Still not my top choice within the BA sets under 1000usd.

Pro con list

+ Design and shell size
+ Midrange is lush and have good clarity
+ Cable
+ Great cable
+ Airy and well extended

- bass quality is not the best for BA
- sibilance in some female artists
- no venting/ear pressure
- pricing seem to high
- 3 month wait time if you buy directly from them

Even if I have not tried Sr8 my vote go for it.

DSCF3661.jpg

Dec 12, 2023 at 8:11 AM Post #2,228 of 2,519

1702340070938.png
1702340102348.png

I find the SR8 to be the smoother, warmer listen which compliments the brighter more energetic RN6.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2023 at 8:49 AM Post #2,229 of 2,519
From the DTE900 graph and the impressions of some users it seems that DTE900 has quite prominent upper mids, what do you think about it?

Does it cause fatigue while listening? It's really an area that I don't like to be overly emphasized.

Has anyone been able to compare them with MMK3?

Thanks! :)
I didn't feel fatigue from DTE900. On the other hand the SR5 were fatiguing, so I had to reduce its upper mids.

Dec 12, 2023 at 8:52 AM Post #2,230 of 2,519
I didn't hear Supernova, but the SR8 are my best IEMs of my collection. No shouty nor sibilant. It's so smooth I'm using them with brighter DAC/amps to get more treble energy. Still not shouty at all! SR8 bass is also great and makes me think there's a DD for bass.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2023 at 9:43 AM Post #2,235 of 2,519
DTE900 sounds great with Hifiman EF400 Dac/Amp. Plus transparent shell photos for anyone interested in custom versions.
Gorgeous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back