• Screenshot_20230721_215813.jpg
    Screenshot_20230721_215813.jpg
    656.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20230721_215841.jpg
    Screenshot_20230721_215841.jpg
    552.3 KB · Views: 0
Jul 22, 2023 at 3:10 AM Post #1,592 of 2,540
Has anyone tried these cables?
I have the last cable - MeetAlice. I bought it for $23 and for the price it's excellent sound. Even for $50 the sound is very decent. Bass is tighter, treble is not loud, but quite detailed.

Jul 22, 2023 at 3:41 AM Post #1,594 of 2,540
How does they compare to your other cables?
If I take SQ/price ratio this cable is one of the best of my cables. Bass quality, neutrality and resolution are important for me. Now it costs about $50 and there are many cables which can outbit it.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2023 at 8:55 AM Post #1,595 of 2,540
I'm just looking for an endgame set that is a game changer in the area of imaging, soundstage, resolution and detail retrieval (mostly macro-detail). A set that can pick up every nuance in the recording and still be musical at the same time?
Ahh, the mythical unicorn 🦄... 🤔😏😊

Seriously if you're looking to grab your set and dip, safest recommendation is something like Penon Audio 10th AE (Anniversary Edition). She checks all the boxes of what you're looking for. For all BA sets, again the safest bet is probably Dunu SA6Mk2. Very well-received iem & well-respected company.

Both recc's are safe, check the boxes, & can easily accomplish what you stated above.

I'm definitely NOT pushing you away from SR8, but based on your clarification, safest choices are what I mentioned.

When I started searching for an all BA set, I wanted something that didn't sound like everything else at the top of the field. Based on reviews I debated between Aür Neon Pro & SA6Mk2... until someone mentioned the SR8.

It was (relatively) costly, company not well-known (at the time), & no reviewer could authentically vouch for the sound or had even heard the damn thing.

I took a "leap of faith" & never looked back. I can't un-hear SR8... she is an extraordinarily good fit for me; exceptional tuning/playback, sounds totally different from the field (positive way), & enthusiastically makes listening new again.

I found my unicorn(s), the 10th & SR8. Hope you can find yours too, good luck 😊😎✌️

Jul 22, 2023 at 3:22 PM Post #1,596 of 2,540
What tips are you guys using with SR8? I've been using the stock tips this whole time, but I've been using those Pentaconn Brass tips since last night and they seem to match pretty well. I felt like they added a treble boost to Alita but I'm not really noticing that with the SR8. Maybe it was in my head. But they do sound a bit dry in comparison to stock, so I think I'll just stick with stock for now. Really enjoying SR8 in the 0-1 config currently!

Jul 22, 2023 at 7:09 PM Post #1,597 of 2,540
I'm just looking for an endgame set that is a game changer in the area of imaging, soundstage, resolution and detail retrieval (mostly macro-detail). A set that can pick up every nuance in the recording and still be musical at the same time?
You didn’t mention price, so Vision Ears Phonix :dt880smile:

Detailed and musical at the same time is quite hard though. Good luck with the search. My best bet is grabbing one of these rising stars like SR8 or NP and slightly adjust the 500Hz with EQ to imbue some colouring to the sound.

Jul 22, 2023 at 7:29 PM Post #1,598 of 2,540
What tips are you guys using with SR8? I've been using the stock tips this whole time, but I've been using those Pentaconn Brass tips since last night and they seem to match pretty well. I felt like they added a treble boost to Alita but I'm not really noticing that with the SR8. Maybe it was in my head. But they do sound a bit dry in comparison to stock, so I think I'll just stick with stock for now. Really enjoying SR8 in the 0-1 config currently!
SR8 lassoed another happy victim 😊!

Sorry... I'm the very wrong person to ask about tips since I have Shrek-sized ear canals... Amazon &/or Ebay typically carry the XL size I require for a solid seal: https://www.amazon.com/Earphones-Plus-replacement-earbud-earphones/dp/B07C46Q9P4

I even made these fit the B2 Dusk's sound tube, so they're pretty flexible (😏).

These are literally the only eartips that work for me. 99.5% of the time I never use stock tips, they just don't fit properly. Use these on iems & TWS earbuds.

1-2 setting (all up) is the setting I stuck with... provides the most satisfying playback experience for my library 😎!

Jul 23, 2023 at 12:43 PM Post #1,599 of 2,540
You didn’t mention price, so Vision Ears Phonix :dt880smile:

Detailed and musical at the same time is quite hard though. Good luck with the search. My best bet is grabbing one of these rising stars like SR8 or NP and slightly adjust the 500Hz with EQ to imbue some colouring to the sound.
Oh my bad. Price range is around $400-600max. Sr8 is around 700 usd it's quite above my budget.

Jul 23, 2023 at 12:47 PM Post #1,600 of 2,540
Ahh, the mythical unicorn 🦄... 🤔😏😊

Seriously if you're looking to grab your set and dip, safest recommendation is something like Penon Audio 10th AE (Anniversary Edition). She checks all the boxes of what you're looking for. For all BA sets, again the safest bet is probably Dunu SA6Mk2. Very well-received iem & well-respected company.

Both recc's are safe, check the boxes, & can easily accomplish what you stated above.

I'm definitely NOT pushing you away from SR8, but based on your clarification, safest choices are what I mentioned.

When I started searching for an all BA set, I wanted something that didn't sound like everything else at the top of the field. Based on reviews I debated between Aür Neon Pro & SA6Mk2... until someone mentioned the SR8.

It was (relatively) costly, company not well-known (at the time), & no reviewer could authentically vouch for the sound or had even heard the damn thing.

I took a "leap of faith" & never looked back. I can't un-hear SR8... she is an extraordinarily good fit for me; exceptional tuning/playback, sounds totally different from the field (positive way), & enthusiastically makes listening new again.

I found my unicorn(s), the 10th & SR8. Hope you can find yours too, good luck 😊😎✌️
Wow that's good to hear. I will make research on sa6 mk2, sr8, NP and epz 530 and then make my decision from there. Thanks bro

Jul 24, 2023 at 12:12 AM Post #1,605 of 2,540
Hello, everyone
Sound Rhyme DTE900 has been retuned and is coming soon.
For $400-600 IEM, the preferred recommendation is TURBO. :relaxed:

PENON Stay updated on PENON at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1221974387914138/ https://twitter.com/PenonAudio?s=09 https://www.instagram.com/penonaudio/ https://penonaudio.com/ penonaudio@hotmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back