Sound Rhyme impression thread
Jun 26, 2023 at 12:44 PM Post #1,432 of 2,504
Finally got SR8 that I've ordered in May and sent to friend in USA to bypass the taxes (but should have waited and buy from Penon for lowered price and shipping with their option that is also tax free). First listening done and can easily determine that 0-1 is right now best option for me, with 1-1 or 1-0 it is clearly something bad happening in terms of affecting other frequencies. It is my subjective feeling that it does not only boost bass but also is making other bands to not perform as expected. It is enough for me to EQ bass 2db below 100 on shelf and 3 at 50 on Q 2.5 with param to achieve good bass wherever I need. I still experiment with settings but certainly SR8 perform as expected; having Neon Pro there is no overwhelming wow effect but definitely I need to spend more time with these.

Jun 26, 2023 at 4:48 PM Post #1,434 of 2,504
Hey audio maniacs,

just received the Penon Space cable and paired with SR8.

Quick comparison to ISN Audio S16.

* It took few quality songs to decide the winner here.

* Both cables ISN S16 and Penon Space are amazing and very good quality, big sound from both

* Slight edge goes to the Space, soundstage is wider and there is more rumble present in bass, bass has a bit more impact but the difference is not that big comparing to S16.

* Both have same amount of clarity no details are being lost here

* Both are great upgrade to the stock cable

(still using 1-0 setting and minimum EQ)

Anybody else found some great pairing too?

Jun 27, 2023 at 10:10 AM Post #1,436 of 2,504
Hi mate,
This is my first post to headfi.
I got SR8 in early May, and I am really enjoying it:ksc75smile:. Thank you to AmericanSpirit and other great reviewers!
I lost in choice so long time which to buy SR8 or Neon pro and I finally married to SR8. And now, there is no regret.
I think it have well baranced holographic sound, and the switches work so good.
I had set them to 1-1, it is so nice with the stock cable. I have tested a pure silver cable, it is better with tight bass and opened clearer high range,
sometime I feel some sibilance, but I really love it.
And I also tested Nicehck bluecat, it was really good for sub bass and middle which focus to vocals. Its my option which can use when I tired.
There are so many sound option like switches, tips, cables. I am sometimes feeling that I bought 3 IEMs.

I think there are some people who is concernd about sencebility.
When I get SR8 I coundn't set the volume with my Hiby FC4 well, so I bought and tested ifi audio iEMatch4.4, but it didn't work well.
All the barance had destroyed:tired_face: I do not recomend it for full BA IEMs like SR8 at all.

However I love my SR8. It is my best IEM.
Thank you guys, great reviewers:beerchug:

Jun 27, 2023 at 11:11 AM Post #1,437 of 2,504
I bought a hakugei cable, full pra of high quality "And it's not for less the cable cost 200 dollars "

The bass became more defined and the treble more crystal clear "1-1 on"

I'll send the link and the photo of the SR8 with it.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mslZqVe

Attachments

• 20230619_115149.jpg
    20230619_115149.jpg
    939.3 KB · Views: 0
Jun 28, 2023 at 12:18 PM Post #1,438 of 2,504
just received iKKO CTU02 which is an upgrade to CTU01 and advertised as ultra low impedance so my initial impression are very positive, SR8 being low impedance benefits from that and sound gets more clarity and precision

Jun 28, 2023 at 2:14 PM Post #1,439 of 2,504
just received iKKO CTU02 which is an upgrade to CTU01 and advertised as ultra low impedance so my initial impression are very positive, SR8 being low impedance benefits from that and sound gets more clarity and precision

I really like CTU01 with FAN2☺️

Jun 30, 2023 at 9:44 AM Post #1,440 of 2,504
Is it the best cable you've tested with SR5 ?
Thinking about some improvements i can make for mine when they will be at home
I recieved the Nicehck BlackSoul cable yesterday. Honestly I was very disappointed when I connected it to my SR5. Today I tried the Moon Audio Bronze Dragon cable. Sounds fantastic 😍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back