Sound Quality of Itouch 64g vs Sony X-1050 vs Zune HD using AAC
Dec 30, 2009 at 4:02 AM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by nonsupremous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a second generation ipod touch. I also have a third generation ipod nano. And I actually think the nano sounds better than my touch. But it's also not in the same league as the X. And that goes for the S Series Walkman as well.

What goes for the S Series?

Dec 30, 2009 at 8:10 AM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky191 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've owned all the following and would rank them in the following order on SQ alone

S639<Touch 2G<Sony X1060

couldn't get on with the S639 at all - but love the X1060

Dec 30, 2009 at 12:30 PM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky191 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

the ipod touch and ipod nano don't come close in sound quality.

I own the S639 and the X. It is difficult for me to tell the difference in sound quality. But I also EQ both of them and that may be the lack of sound difference. I have actually never done a side by side comparison with them both set to flat.
L3000.gif

Jan 1, 2010 at 9:15 AM Post #19 of 22
It says!!!

Sound Quality of Itouch 64g vs Sony X-1050 vs Zune HD using AAC

Why bother comment unless you have compared all three it's so stupid to say this or that is best when you have NOT...

Derr...Stupidity of others gives me a headache.

Just answer the Question at hand.....or just don't bother.

Jan 3, 2010 at 5:08 AM Post #20 of 22
Crosstalk, Average (dB)-63
Frequency Response Deviation, Average (dB)0.1
Maximum Usable Output Level, Average (dBV)-3
Signal-to-Noise Ratio, Average (dB)81
Total Harmonic Distortion and Noise, Average (%)0.01

These are the pcworld results for the 2nd gen itouch available at Apple iPod Touch 32GB MP3 Player Review - PC World

Other than a tiny bit of hiss during quiet passages (as heard through my SE530's), I find them faultless and absolutely a neutral, reference source-- can you truly say the same about the Sony's (i.e., do you have objective evidence to support such claims?).

Jan 3, 2010 at 8:16 AM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by djayjp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Crosstalk, Average (dB)-63
Frequency Response Deviation, Average (dB)0.1
Maximum Usable Output Level, Average (dBV)-3
Signal-to-Noise Ratio, Average (dB)81
Total Harmonic Distortion and Noise, Average (%)0.01

These are the pcworld results for the 2nd gen itouch available at Apple iPod Touch 32GB MP3 Player Review - PC World

Other than a tiny bit of hiss during quiet passages (as heard through my SE530's), I find them faultless and absolutely a neutral, reference source-- can you truly say the same about the Sony's (i.e., do you have objective evidence to support such claims?).

If it were just a numbers game shopping for headphones would be easy.

Jan 3, 2010 at 8:19 AM Post #22 of 22
I own both, and with same encoded songs can easily jump between one another - and the Sony X definately sounds substantially better - that said I still own both and will continue to do so as the Touch is superb for offline RSS feeds, podcasts (for which Itunes is superb for keeping up to date) etc

so best of both worlds
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back