Sound Card Mods: Film/Electrolytic/Etc. Capacitors:
Oct 9, 2008 at 3:58 PM Post #16 of 21
I want to ask, how silver mica compared to metallized polypropylene, polyester or any you mentioned? Is it recommend to change to it from metallized polypropylene?

I gonna use it on signal shaping circuit, the value is 220pF and 470pF. Please advice
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 9, 2008 at 10:58 PM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Apocalypsee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want to ask, how silver mica compared to metallized polypropylene, polyester or any you mentioned? Is it recommend to change to it from metallized polypropylene?

I gonna use it on signal shaping circuit, the value is 220pF and 470pF. Please advice
smily_headphones1.gif

haven't tried silver micas for direct signal application, but the rel rt polystyrenes are available in those sizes and should sound very good

Oct 15, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #18 of 21
Who knows that how to make digital out (SPDIF)for Diamond MX300? I don't have the MX-25 external card, but I would like to use not only the analoge output, but the digital too.

Jul 11, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #20 of 21
I would like to modify my asus sonar dg. Do I use dc cap? ,film caps? Any per tips? The caps are 22uf 16v, 47uf 25v 3.3uf 50v and 100uf 16v. Do I just replace the caps? I only use two channels. Thanks,

Mar 13, 2018 at 11:11 PM Post #21 of 21
Untitled_2.jpg
hcWLaH

This was the one of the best mods I ever performed on the Live! There is a night and day difference in sound by placing films between the DSP and the output OpAmps. Though, it is not pictured, here I did replace all the electrolytics on the V+ traces coming from the PCI bus with Panasonic FC's, IIRC. I say IIRC because they may have been FM's, but I'm pretty sure they were FC's. The latter mod made the sound very black or rather the background was silent! All this was while using the kX Project drivers, which allowed me to utilize the rear channel, which had superior output.

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back