Sound blasterx G6 as an AMP
Aug 21, 2022 at 5:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

striker333

New Head-Fier
I have sound blaster x g6 and sound blaster x4 . I want to use x4 as a DAC and the G6 as an AMP . so is there a possible way to do this ? . I am using HD 560s and the loudness isn't enough for me with thx x4 . I like the X4 signature more even at direct mode it is better for me but the G6 have a better amp .

Aug 21, 2022 at 8:16 PM Post #2 of 6
Given G6 has a line-in and X4 has a line-out, I don't see why it won't work. You just need an interconnecting cable to put them together.

Aug 22, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #3 of 6
Is this gonna make the G6 work as an AMP . And is this gonna work with direct mode or no . I have optical cable in and out is that what u mean ? I am sorry I am an audio noob . Is that way have disadvantage ? . And thx very much for the reply .

Aug 23, 2022 at 12:14 AM Post #4 of 6
Try a blind test with both in direct mode and volume match them using a phone app. I'm sure you won't be able to tell the difference. Ive had both and they're really similar. I'd sell the G6 and buy a JDS Atom which has a 3.5mm in for a simple connection and much more clean power than a G6 provides in high gain. It's limited by the USB 2.0 wire it uses.

Aug 23, 2022 at 1:35 PM Post #5 of 6
Thx man . I tried them separately in direct mode and for me the are different . audio is subjective I know but for me the x4 is better the bass is tighter and have more open sound . I know for a lot of guys this gonna be strange but that's what I hear . even I am using the x4 for gaming specially games like apex legends . if I gonna sell one of the I am gonna sell the g6 . I bought the g6 first depending on a lot of reviews and though I am not gonna buy anything else . btw I tried S.M.S.L SP2000 and tired IFI ZEN DAC 2 but didn't like them I am leaning toward some thing support games cuz my main usage is games not songs and pure audio . any way i am gonna give it a try and then decide . thx again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back