Sound Blaster X5
Apr 8, 2023 at 6:48 PM Post #17 of 31
I was bored last night and I read through the entire spec sheet for this Soundblaster. Honestly the headphone output power is loooow. Also the balanced output power is nowhere near double the unbalanced output power so super weaksauce amplification. I submit for the consideration of everyone that this device is trying to be DAC first and HP amp second and is not a true all in one device that could replace a true AIO solution from a good Chifi brand for the same amount of money. JM2C.

Apr 15, 2023 at 7:15 AM Post #18 of 31
I was bored last night and I read through the entire spec sheet for this Soundblaster. Honestly the headphone output power is loooow. Also the balanced output power is nowhere near double the unbalanced output power so super weaksauce amplification. I submit for the consideration of everyone that this device is trying to be DAC first and HP amp second and is not a true all in one device that could replace a true AIO solution from a good Chifi brand for the same amount of money. JM2C.
Considering that this is a fully bus-powered device without any external power brick, I think that amount headphone output power is reasonable, especially when the power is shared with other components like the OLED screen and the probably dedicated power rail for the mic's ADC as well. I had previous experience with the X3 and I find them pretty decent even with seemingly lower power on paper. This X5 would probably be fine for most headphones.

If you need more power for other headphones like power-hungry planars, I guess the DAC is good enough to feed another headphone amp, IMO.

Apr 21, 2023 at 6:02 AM Post #19 of 31
I got this yesterday and I can tell you the power is too much. Even with hard to drive IEMs and high impedance headphones I can barely put the volume at 10/100 and this was on low gain. I won’t even dare to try high gain.
Excellent device and good value for money considering how black the background is, the 4.4mm port, mic input, usb host, all the nice controls on the front, works with pc, console etc. and is powered simply by the USB-C. It’s big so it does take a bit of space on the desk but it’s not so heavy.

I would say this is a good all in one device for anyone wanting a DAC/AMP with balanced output and mic for gaming, streaming etc.

Last edited:
May 16, 2023 at 7:20 PM Post #20 of 31
This seems like the best audio product ever from creative, the other products just with too many bugs or too fragile before they break down

Jun 23, 2023 at 2:47 PM Post #21 of 31
For me its worth it. It powers my 560s nicely and the volume gets very loud if you want it too. I can use EQs on console with my headsets much the same as PC. Its perfect for me.
How does it sound with the hd560s ? any harshness? better than realtek integrated audio? i recently got a whizzer da1 dongle with ess chip but it is a bit too sharp on highs and mids, i like my laptops realtek better more laidback

Jun 29, 2023 at 2:58 AM Post #22 of 31
I'm curious about this device. It seems you can connect it directly to an analogue amp via RCA ports or even Toslink.

Is it possible to stream audio from a USB hardisk and control it via an Android or iphone?

Feb 1, 2024 at 7:32 PM Post #26 of 31
I like my X7 enough that I have 2 extras in case they conk out some day.

Curious about X5 now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back