Sound Blaster X5
Jan 28, 2023 at 2:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

drgnfly

New Head-Fier
Anyone tried purchasing this for desktop?
Any reviews?

I see it as 39,800 Yen from AV Watch Review
EU is selling for €309.99

Power source seems to be via USB C that's linked to your PC
Fnd1RDfaYAAeu9f.jpg

Info: https://en.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-x5

Jan 31, 2023 at 4:45 PM Post #3 of 31
I have this coming and will subject it through a barrage of testing. The fact they they post so many measurements on the site is great. I'll be testing it on various headphones, gaming headsets, and event the pre-amp output. It looks promising but I wish it had more power output considering the price and size.

Jan 31, 2023 at 4:49 PM Post #4 of 31
I have this coming and will subject it through a barrage of testing. The fact they they post so many measurements on the site is great. I'll be testing it on various headphones, gaming headsets, and event the pre-amp output. It looks promising but I wish it had more power output considering the price and size.
Hell yeah! I love your content.

Jan 31, 2023 at 10:30 PM Post #5 of 31
Feb 3, 2023 at 4:29 PM Post #8 of 31
From the Impressions: "-The X5 is only recognized as a pure stereo device in Windows. This means that a 7.1 HRTF simulation is not possible. The device itself offers a surround simulation, but this is fake, since you cannot make a reasonable surround sound out of 2 channels."

Maybe the driver updates will solve this latter... For now, my old trusty Sound Blaster X7, does a great job!

Feb 4, 2023 at 6:54 PM Post #9 of 31
He updated it with this:

"EDIT: THIS IS A SAFETY WARNING

I just noticed a massive bug when using the device with tidal in direct mode, the volume will change by itself after every song. I got values between windows volume 40-65. I was glad that i was wearing over-ear headphones when i noticed that, if I was wearing IEMs (which already get really loud at a windows volume level around 10) I would probably have hearing damage now.

After discovering this bug, I decided to return the product."

Mar 1, 2023 at 11:04 PM Post #10 of 31
My favorite combo from them is the Soundblaster X1 into a JDS Atom Amp+ using just a 3.5mm cable. The X1 auto detects resistance and outputs 2.4 volts over 150ohms. Some other amps like the Drop THX 789 worked well at 95 percent volume to keep it at 2.1 volts with that amp needs to avoid clipping in high gain. I've had the X3 and X4 and the new one just doesn't have enough power for that kind of money. I just got a Topping L30 II which I'm listening to now, and really tempted to pair it with the X1 and just call it a day for gaming and flac music.

Mar 8, 2023 at 8:40 PM Post #11 of 31
I've just ordered this I own a pair of 560s which uses a 6.3mm connection so i need an adapter which turns 6.3mm into 3.5mm Or a 2.5mm Trrs cable If i am not mistaken does anybody know if that's right? Also whats the adapter called? Every time I do a search for 6.3mm to 3.5mm it shows me adapters which turn 3.5mm into 6.3mm. This dac's two jacks are 3.5 and 2.5mm aren't they? or is the 2.5mm my mistake or is it different?

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2023 at 7:52 PM Post #12 of 31
I've just ordered this I own a pair of 560s which uses a 6.3mm connection so i need an adapter which turns 6.3mm into 3.5mm Or a 2.5mm Trrs cable If i am not mistaken does anybody know if that's right? Also whats the adapter called? Every time I do a search for 6.3mm to 3.5mm it shows me adapters which turn 3.5mm into 6.3mm. This dac's two jacks are 3.5 and 2.5mm aren't they? or is the 2.5mm my mistake or is it different?
3.5mm mic, 3.5mm combo jack, 4.4mm balanced

Apr 7, 2023 at 5:42 PM Post #15 of 31
After a couple months of testing, I finally finished the review!
Creative Sound Blaster X5 Review - HiFi and Gaming United? Buckle Up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back