Sound Blaster X1 - Testers invited!
Sep 6, 2022 at 10:51 PM Post #17 of 28
No hardware difference? Only software?

Can SXFI and Acoustic Engine be enabled simultaneously? Do these features save to the device, or only saved in the software? Are those features you listed capable of being modified from the Creative App for Android?
Yes, the difference is only in the software support.

You can only have the SXFI or Acoustic Engine turned on one at a time. The SXFI effect is saved to the device, while Acoustic Engine is on PC/Mac only and can only be changed on Creative App for PC/Mac.

For Android, the Creative App can only adjust the EQ and other settings on the X1. It has no Acoustic Engine audio processing.

Sep 7, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #18 of 28
If the x1 works with android phones and you need testing I will be willing to test.

Sep 10, 2022 at 9:34 AM Post #19 of 28
Hi everyone, my Sound Blaster X1 review is up on Head-fi here. It was a blast (pun intended). The SXFI is very fun with games and movies, not so much with music. Luckily, the DAC and AMP of X1 are quite good with just a tint of smoothness and warmth. A slightly different flavour to the usual crisp and edgy ESS-based stuffs, you can say.

Based on sound quality alone, I rate X1 3.5/5 because it slots neatly between the Apple dongle (3/5 - Adequate) and Fiio KA3 (4/5 - Good). Considering the compatibility with gaming consoles, the SXFI feature, and the current pricing, my final rating for X1 is 4/5 - Good. Suppose you need a versatile dongle and don't rely on highly sensitive IEMs. In that case, the Creative Sound Blaster X1 receives a recommendation with reservation from this reviewer.

Creative-X1_summary.jpg

Sep 21, 2022 at 9:59 AM Post #20 of 28
Will the Creative App software work with my SXFI Amp?

Edit: Just installed Creative app on W10. Plugged in SXFI Amp... Doesn't recognize it.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2022 at 2:38 PM Post #21 of 28
I guess my next question is will a Soundblaster X1 work with the old SXFI Control software? And Can a SXFI Amp owner ever get the X1 firmware upgrade?

Sep 24, 2022 at 8:33 PM Post #22 of 28
Will the Creative App software work with my SXFI Amp?

Edit: Just installed Creative app on W10. Plugged in SXFI Amp... Doesn't recognize it.

I'd love to be wrong, but it seems Creative wants us to buy the same amp to use the newer PC software (Creative app). I hate that I have to use Creative Control software to configure the SXFI amp, but the Creative GC7 I have to use the Creative App. It's even worse on the mobile side, configuring SXFI settings on the Creative App for GC7 opens up the SXFI app. It glitches a lot over BT connection.

IMO, they need to ditch the SXFI app as well as the SXFI control software, and just have the Creative app for PC and mobile.

Sep 25, 2022 at 1:18 PM Post #23 of 28
I'm running Mac OS Sierra on one of my machines. I like that the Control software lets me select 7.1 outputs for my SXFI Amp. It would be cool If someday we get the X1 firmware for the SXFI Amp but not If I lose the ability to select it in Sierra as Virt 7.1 out. I'm fine using other software elsewhere to select profiles or headphones, etc.

Feb 7, 2024 at 5:12 AM Post #26 of 28
So if I'm not mistaken this means the Creative SXFi Android DAC/Amp Dongle actually have both AKM DAC AND Burr-Brown Amps?
I just want to clarify because on the creative website it only lists the X1 having Burr-Brown Amp's!
Thanks in advance for the help👍

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2024 at 10:05 PM Post #27 of 28
So if I'm not mistaken this means the Creative SXFi Android DAC/Amp Dongle actually have both AKM DAC AND Burr-Brown Amps?
I just want to clarify because on the creative website it only lists the X1 having Burr-Brown Amp's!
Thanks in advance for the help👍
Yes, it's using AKM 4377 DAC, Ti/Burr-Brown™ INA1620 :)

Feb 15, 2024 at 6:42 PM Post #28 of 28
hmm i recently got this device, i have an feeling that...

it seems to reduce the upper mid/treble in terms of saturation and width a little bit which reduces some enjoyment coming from my built in dacs,pc,phone. cant really put my finger on it... I feel like I made a downgrade.

this is just my opinion, I could be wrong about the treble, this is just going from my other built-in dacs from other sources.

I think its still a good product etc. The power output is impressive if you need it. no noise/distortion to my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back