Sound Blaster X1 - Testers invited!
Aug 16, 2022 at 12:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

LucasCL

Member of the Trade: Creative Labs
Hey guys, this is Lucas from Creative. We are looking for 5-10 users to try out our latest product - the Sound Blaster X1 USB DAC and to provide us with your feedback/comments and share your thoughts with the community.

sbx1_800x600a-620x466.jpg

Here are some key features of the Sound Blaster X1:
○ Built-in AKM 4377 DAC
○ 115 dB SNR at 24-bit / 96 kHz playback resolution
○ Ti/Burr-Brown™ INA1620 dual audio operational amplifier
○ Super X-Fi audio technology
○ USB-C connectivity

We will send the product to you at no cost and you will get to keep the product. If you are keen on it, drop me a DM or comment below. Would be great if you could tell me why you would be keen to try the X1 :)

Learn more about the X1 here: https://uk.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-x1

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #2 of 28
Nice to see some more Burr-Brown designs hit the wild. I would love to try it: I've recently been looking for a good dongle as I've gotten frustrated by my integrated audio on LG V60. I have a Fiio KA1 and E1DA dongle I could directly compare it to.

Also, big fan of SoundBlaster brand... I can still recall hearing Wolfenstein 3D on my old 386 with the Soundblaster active for the first time. Truly a memorable audio experience! I haven't built a gaming PC in years, but I never ever built one without including Soundblaster :)

Aug 16, 2022 at 9:16 PM Post #3 of 28
I'll volunteer as well. I have an general interest on high quality USB dongle and actually own the original SXFI amp. Currently I have > 15 USB dongles in my collection including some notable ones such as L&P W2, W2-131, Cayin RU6, iFi GOld Bar, Lotoo Paw S1, etc.

Aug 17, 2022 at 3:30 PM Post #4 of 28
What are the key differences between this and the SXFI Amp?

What I really want to see from Creative is a dongle similar to this, but with a battery and AptX-LL capable bluetooth reception. That with the Creative BT-W2/BT-W3 dongle would make an excellent solution for wireless SXFI for PC, PS5, PS4, Switch, etc. A product similar to the Sound Blaster E5, but in a smaller package + SXFI processing. Even better if SXFI Battle Mode could be added.

I have the SXFI amp, and I love it. It's one of the best pieces of audio gear I've purchased. What would make the X1 an upgrade?

Aug 17, 2022 at 3:34 PM Post #5 of 28
Miss my old E5, would be nice to try this one :)

Aug 20, 2022 at 11:17 AM Post #6 of 28
I had/have the AMP and upgraded to the X1. Fancy! If you say it's as good as it is on your website, y not? I use your LS's, SE's, Letshuoer S12's and the AKG y400's with it.

I have the Tone 2 pro, Hip Dac 2, THX 789 :wink: and the AKG 712's also to play around with but the X1 is my go-to for SXFI on the CPU and on-the-go with the S12's.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2022 at 1:46 AM Post #8 of 28
No android support?

Sep 5, 2022 at 1:51 PM Post #9 of 28
Hey guys, this is Lucas from Creative. We are looking for 5-10 users to try out our latest product - the Sound Blaster X1 USB DAC and to provide us with your feedback/comments and share your thoughts with the community.

Here are some key features of the Sound Blaster X1:
○ Built-in AKM 4377 DAC
○ 115 dB SNR at 24-bit / 96 kHz playback resolution
○ Ti/Burr-Brown™ INA1620 dual audio operational amplifier
○ Super X-Fi audio technology
○ USB-C connectivity

We will send the product to you at no cost and you will get to keep the product. If you are keen on it, drop me a DM or comment below. Would be great if you could tell me why you would be keen to try the X1 :)

Learn more about the X1 here: https://uk.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-x1
Hi Lucas,

I have bought a Sound Blaster X1 thinking it would be an upgrade over my Super X-Fi amp (or my amps, I have two and offered one more).

However, I noticed it is the same amplifier, just with a sticker on it:

11856026.jpg
11856027.jpg
11856028.jpg

What can you say about this? Is it really a new product ? Why didn't you reply to Radio81 who asked for the differences between both products?

Regards,

Jaime

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2022 at 10:15 PM Post #10 of 28
@jaba
Hi Lucas,

I have bought a Sound Blaster X1 thinking it would be an upgrade over my Super X-Fi amp (or my amps, I have two and offered one more).

11856026.jpg
11856027.jpg
11856028.jpg

What can you say about this? Is it really a new product ? Why didn't you reply to Radio81 who asked for the differences between both products?

Regards,

Jaime
Hey Jaime,

thanks for purchasing both the Sound Blaster X1 and the SXFI Amp!

The difference between the Sound Blaster X1 and the SXFI Amp is that the X1 is now powered by the Sound Blaster suite of audio processing technologies (which includes our Sound Blaster Acoustic Engine, CrystalVoice, Scout Mode) via the Creative App for Windows® 11 and macOS®. This was one of the most requested features from our customers.

We have also included support for auto mic mute/unmute function in our SmartComms kit for people using the X1 for work calls via Zoom/Teams etc.

Regards,
Lucas

Sep 5, 2022 at 10:17 PM Post #11 of 28
What are the key differences between this and the SXFI Amp?

What I really want to see from Creative is a dongle similar to this, but with a battery and AptX-LL capable bluetooth reception. That with the Creative BT-W2/BT-W3 dongle would make an excellent solution for wireless SXFI for PC, PS5, PS4, Switch, etc. A product similar to the Sound Blaster E5, but in a smaller package + SXFI processing. Even better if SXFI Battle Mode could be added.

I have the SXFI amp, and I love it. It's one of the best pieces of audio gear I've purchased. What would make the X1 an upgrade?
Hey Radio81,

The difference between the Sound Blaster X1 and the SXFI Amp is that the X1 is now powered by the Sound Blaster suite of audio processing technologies (which includes our Sound Blaster Acoustic Engine, CrystalVoice, Scout Mode) via the Creative App for Windows® 11 and macOS®. This was one of the most requested features from our customers.

We have also included support for auto mic mute/unmute function in our SmartComms kit for people using the X1 for work calls via Zoom/Teams etc.

Regards,
Lucas

Sep 5, 2022 at 11:18 PM Post #12 of 28
Hi Lucas,

11856026.jpg
11856027.jpg
11856028.jpg

Regards,

Jaime
Is this for real?

Sep 6, 2022 at 4:00 PM Post #15 of 28
Hey Radio81,

Regards,
Lucas

No hardware difference? Only software?

Can SXFI and Acoustic Engine be enabled simultaneously? Do these features save to the device, or only saved in the software? Are those features you listed capable of being modified from the Creative App for Android?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back