Sound Around Sound May 2 2009 Impressions
May 17, 2009 at 6:42 AM Post #46 of 53
I ordered a pair of HF-2, too.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 17, 2009 at 10:22 AM Post #47 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by flatmap /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How would one do this, curbfeeler? Would this mean switching the "common" wire to be the "signal" on one channel? And leaving the other channel alone?

Some equipment is provided with a switch to invert phase, but swapping the common and signal leads on both channels would invert phase. My PS Audio GCPH phono stage has such a switch. The Parasound Halo JC2 preamp has both inverted and non-inverted outputs.

May 17, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #48 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by curbfeeler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some equipment is provided with a switch to invert phase, but swapping the common and signal leads on both channels would invert phase. My PS Audio GCPH phono stage has such a switch. The Parasound Halo JC2 preamp has both inverted and non-inverted outputs.

Hmm, nice feature to have on your preamp. So, I see I'd need to wire a phase-inverting rca connection between my source and headphone amp.

May 17, 2009 at 7:46 PM Post #49 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by flatmap /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, nice feature to have on your preamp. So, I see I'd need to wire a phase-inverting rca connection between my source and headphone amp.

Or simply make an adapter to drive the headphones with inverted phase from your amp.

Jun 11, 2009 at 4:23 AM Post #50 of 53
So are we coming close to a date? Or do I need to find something? I can find a different venue? West Seattle Maybe? Yes Stan I know you live there
wink.gif
Just someplace new? Any opinions on that?

Jun 11, 2009 at 5:39 AM Post #51 of 53
Hmmm, wasn't someone on the Eastside expecting some new Sennheisers?

As to dates, I'm pretty open. But since the kids are still in school we haven't really gotten into our summer routine yet. Sometime in July?

Aug 2, 2009 at 7:02 PM Post #53 of 53
If anyone had the opportunity to demo pro-ject II se headamp and compare it to dv336 with akg 701 , please write your impressions. I plan to buy amp for my k701 and it comes down to choose either projects model or 336.Since I have to buy either one from internet without testing some impressions would be more than helpfull.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back