Souls vs Beats vs Chambers
Mar 26, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #76 of 238
Why not driver8? They're battery ran.

Also I have firmly decided on the chambers by rza premium white. I will propably be purchasing them in the next couple weeks or so.

One more thing. As a last chance, I'm currently open to STYLISH, good sounding headphone suggestions. And I'd prefer a style similar to the headphones listed in my first post. But here's something you should know, I'd be ok with passive noise cancellation or headphones with no cancellation at all (as long as when I play the music I don't hear the people on my bus to school talking). Thanks.

Mar 26, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #77 of 238

Quote:
Why not driver8? They're battery ran.
Also I have firmly decided on the chambers by rza premium white. I will propably be purchasing them in the next couple weeks or so.
One more thing. As a last chance, I'm currently open to STYLISH, good sounding headphone suggestions. And I'd prefer a style similar to the headphones listed in my first post. But here's something you should know, I'd be ok with passive noise cancellation or headphones with no cancellation at all (as long as when I play the music I don't hear the people on my bus to school talking). Thanks.

Exactly because its battery ran. Correct me if i'm wrong but i assume the Headphones will die without battery, meaning on things like a long road trip, you'll be stuck with no music should the batteries die. 

Also, OP, we can give you all the headphone recommendations, but almost all would be against Beats, soul or the chambers if you're talking about sound quality and price for performance. The whole thread basically shows that you're dead stern on buying either 3 for more of style rather than SQ,

So i urge you to take this to a fashion forum, or just go ahead and make your purchase.
Head fi is, after all, a Headphone and Audio forum

I hope you'll enjoy your purchase, and should you place sound quality over style and looks in the future, you know where to find suggestions 
biggrin.gif

Mar 26, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #80 of 238
I still think the white b&w p5s look better than the white chambers, the chambers look too plain and active noise canceling degrades sound quality and makes it feel like your ears need too pop

Mar 27, 2012 at 6:58 AM Post #85 of 238
LOL this is such an amusing thread...

Good choice with the Chambers, though. I had no idea what they were until I saw this thread!

At least they look more interesting than Beats or Soul, which is what the OP was mostly only concerned with anyways....

Mar 27, 2012 at 7:49 AM Post #88 of 238

Quote:
Well, the OP is the very reason why celebrities are rich, and part of the machine sustaining meaningless purchases in the retail sector. He is what keeps the economy going! Don't forget that, people... LOL

Yeah... it is always good to support companies that uses lots of marketing, if not, where do they get their money from? (LOL)!

Mar 27, 2012 at 8:37 AM Post #89 of 238

Quote:
Yeah... it is always good to support companies that uses lots of marketing, if not, where do they get their money from? (LOL)!

I just can't respect form over function, especially in this hobby. The best brands in this hobby are the quietest of all and rarely advertise outside the niche area of the market. Brands like Monster need to trick the mainstream consumers into thinking that they are the best, while those who lurk in the shadows like JH, Beyerdynamic, AKG, Shure and so on can sell their stuff to the professional users and those of us in this niche side of the headphone market without resorting to smoke and mirrors.

Mar 27, 2012 at 8:53 AM Post #90 of 238
I managed to get him interested in V-Moda. At least that's a start. In fact, I was heavily considering a Beats headphone and was doing extensive research which led me here and into the steel-flex arms of my now beloved V-80s. Journey of a thousand miles, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back