Soul SL99?
Nov 3, 2012 at 2:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

DoctorKenya

New Head-Fier
Ok I have been look for a good pair of earbuds for quite a while and when I heard about these I brushed them off as being the same sort of thing as beats by dre, but from what I hear they can hold their own against som respectable earbuds out there. At only $60 from amazon I was wondering if there are even worth it. Ill be listening to classic rock/folk rock type of stuff as well as hip hop so keep that in mind.

Nov 6, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #3 of 6
I had the Klipsche S4s which I loved the sound of, but they would not stay in my ears.  I then purchased the SL99s and was blown away by the sound.  The are NOT audiophile IEMS what so ever, but if you want a sound that imitates being in a studio or nightclub, these are the IEMs for you.  The are very clear, have great highs and really, really deep and rumbling lows.  I actually gave the S4s to my son once I heard these IEMs. 

PS.....they sound way better than beats.  IMHO anyway.

May 1, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #4 of 6
I had the Klipsche S4s which I loved the sound of, but they would not stay in my ears.  I then purchased the SL99s and was blown away by the sound.  The are NOT audiophile IEMS what so ever, but if you want a sound that imitates being in a studio or nightclub, these are the IEMs for you.  The are very clear, have great highs and really, really deep and rumbling lows.  I actually gave the S4s to my son once I heard these IEMs. 

PS.....they sound way better than beats.  IMHO anyway.
are they (sl99) loud like the s4's because that's pretty much the only thing I liked about them

May 1, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
are they (sl99) loud like the s4's because that's pretty much the only thing I liked about them

I thought they were louder and sounded more intense in every way.  The only drawback I saw.............they are pretty big and hurt my ears after awhile.  But, I have small ears.  I highly recommend them to anyone that likes dance, top 40, hip-hop and R&B

Users who are viewing this thread

Back