SOtM dx-USB HD asynchronous USB to S/PDIF converter
Dec 20, 2012 at 3:02 PM Post #16 of 19
well, i have the combo now since yesterday. applause to sonore, it had even the correct wallwart-power supply with a swiss plug.
that's definitely not common, most of the time there is a German or UK plug. The look, feel & builtquality of the DDC and the PSU
is very good.

just upon the first seconds of listening i was amazed. i really didn't expect it to make that much of a difference. but it does, and
it's not just a subtle difference, it's a huge difference. i didn't not listen to it without the PSU, but with the PSU it's really staggering.

The best example i can make: Normally in the evening hours, mostly 10:30pm and later, my systems moves up to a complete
different level. it starts to sound so magically good. but that was only possible very late in the evening. Now it sounds during the
day as it did at night before, and even a little bit better at night. but it's not much difference anymore. It just has that uber-clear
and perfectly timed sound. the stage get's bigger, it's much more 3-dimensional and intimate. It really helps the Yulong D18 to fly.

For me, those two parts are clearly worth every cent of it and i have a high trust in SOtM as company now. GREAT JOB! 
smile_phones.gif

Dec 20, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #18 of 19
Because quality of both are on a different level from what i have been reading

Dec 20, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #19 of 19
Meaning the quality of the U18 is a lesser quality than the SOtM?  Are you talking about sound quality or build quality?

I thought Yulong made pretty good stuff..  Both SQ and BQ wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back